cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delamination on '09 Sierra

todd_j
Explorer
Explorer
I have some delamination on the rear of my 2009 Sierra by Forest River. I have seen videos on injecting epoxy and clamping to remove bubbles. I'm not sure how well that would work on mine. What would I need to use to replace the entire back panel of camper? Should I use the Filon sheet? I repaired the leak that caused this just trying to decide which route to go to fix bubbles. Any ideas, suggestions???

Thanks for your help
4 REPLIES 4

Keithk3628
Explorer
Explorer
Todd

ScottG is correct, make sure the back wall is supposed to be glued. My Outback was loose as could be and I never noticed it until we traded it in and I was washing it to tow it in for trade-in. I just told the salesman on drop off expecting a change of agreed trade in value and was sure we would take a 2-3000 dollar hit.

The salesman told me upon inspection they appreciated our honesty but not to worry because they were never glued back there on the Outback, he said a lot of trailers were like that.

So check and make sure it is supposed to be glued/bonded back there.

Keith

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Is a small delam anything more than just cosmetic?
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
First thing is determining if the outside skin is bonded to a honeycomb structure or bonded to luan sheeting.

My 5er in sig had a small area on the side upper front corner that the filon had delamed (2' area) from the luan backing. I drill holes in the filon per service guys recommendations and injected adhesive he gave me. The trailer sat in a barn so I was able to use the side of the barn to jack a piece of plywood against the work area.

I haven't done a google/youtube on the subject but there should be lots of input on delam issues and how each job was done.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Are you sure it was lamintaed to start with?
Many trailers are laminated everywhere but the back wall so they can run a bunsh of wires through it. My Forest River Wildcat was an example.
The back wall was a bit wavy and would move if you pressed on it.

Scott