cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dicore rubber roof

yankeecamper
Explorer
Explorer
About a mouth ago I went up on my roof and found a stinking film and little bubbles the look like pimples all over the roof. They admitted that it was a defect and offered me two choices

The EPDM roof is a thin 2 ply rubber membrane. Carlisle Syntec manufactures the membrane roof, Dicor administers the warranty.
What you are seeing is the aesthetic layer breaking down, The underside black layer of membrane is still intact and won't leak, as long as you keep up with your sealants.
Carlisleโ€™s warranty covers premature deterioration to the point of failure due to weathering for 12 years. This is not a recall but they also know this should not have happened, so they have a couple of offers.
Warranty Years 1-5, if the aesthetic layer is gummy the manufacturer will pay a portion of the labor and all of the materials.
Warranty Years 6-12 the materials are prorated and there is no allowance for labor. Your unit falls into the years 1-5 so they are offering you two options.
Option 1. A onetime $1,000.00 payment for the depreciation of the roof and you leave it as is. The rest of your 12 year warranty stays intact on the membrane and the roof wonโ€™t leak as long as you maintain the sealants.
Option 2. A onetime $2,750.00 payment towards the cost of a new roof installation, plus at no charge Dicor will send you a new EPDM rubber roof and install kit. Color and length of your choice.
The check can be sent to either you or the installer/dealer.
Once the new membrane is installed you will have a new 12 year warranty beginning on the date the new roof is installed.This dose not come near covering the cost to fix the roof
Barb and Rich, Fuquay Varina, NC
2017 Dodge Ram 3500 Tradesmen Quad Cab
Dually 4x2
6.7Liter HO Cummings Turbo Diesel
2017 Bighorn traveler 39MB
11 REPLIES 11

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
What Vee said

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
RV roof pox. Had it as well. Did not bother with time & effort dealing with any warrantee that might have been left on it.

I cleaned mine at least twice a year & it is stored indoors for 7 months of the year. Even with this better than average care roof pox started to show up after a few years.

The trailer is 14 years old now & a few years ago I gave it the Hengs Tropicool treatment. A few hundred dollars & a days worth of work myself well worth it.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
schlep1967 wrote:
Personally, I would take the $2,750 and rubber roof. Then take the money and go to your nearest FlexArmor dealer and get the roof permanently repaired.
Oh yea, you can use the rubber roof to cover your fire wood pile.
I would do the same. FlexArmor takes everything off the roof - vents, AC, etc, down to the wood. They fix the wood if needed and spray on the roof material. They then give you a lifetime warranty which is transferable to a new owner. I really can't see the downside to that.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good choice and wise decision. Maybe dealer will work quickly on replacement. My 20 years of Dicor rubber roof gave me no problems at all on a high quality R-Vision TT made by Monaco Coach. Just for fun and looks I applied a new coat of Dicor several times and it was easy and fun.

yankeecamper
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responds. Flex Armor and RV Armor both will not do any thing with the roof without taking the whole roof off. They say the roof is defective and they have to completely remove the roof. I don't trust the roof I have so it looks like i will take the roof and money and have my dealer replace the roof. He gave me the best price.
Dually 4x2

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
yankeecamper wrote:
I am thinking about having the roof done with RV Armor.

I did just that this summer and posted about it, with pictures, here.
So far it is holding up very well and when my son was up there last week it still looked like a new roof. Hope it stays that way. Next time up will be next summer.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

yankeecamper
Explorer
Explorer
I am thinking about having the roof done with RV Armor.
Dually 4x2

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
GAF Commercial grade (60 mil) TPO is warrantied for 20 year.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
schlep1967 wrote:
Personally, I would take the $2,750 and rubber roof. Then take the money and go to your nearest FlexArmor dealer and get the roof permanently repaired.

I was thinking the same thing. ๐Ÿ™‚ Could sell the EDPM, too.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Although my roof was still under warranty I applied a coat of Dicor liquid rubber to my roof every year as it was very easy and almost mess free of cleanup using long handle paint roller. Roof always looked nice white and clean. How long will your trailer be out of service for the new roof??? I have heard reports on RV forums that dealer warranty works often takes months before service depending

Since you say bottom shows no sign of leakage or damage or rot maybe a good roof cleaning and application of liquid rubber coating or Flex Seal/Flex Armor may or may not solve the problem and you can have check sent to you. Just one possible option. Good luck to you.

I never had a problem with the roof of my 2003 R-Vision TT by Monaco Coach that was every year exposed to extreme hot Texas and Nevada sun/heat and snow and ice with no cover on outdoor storage lots. You have a newer trailer????