cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ezpass

Deraldjr
Explorer
Explorer
I will be traveling from east coast this spring to California and wonder if the Ezpass will work on all the toll roads there. Should I get one that works there? I know in Florida you need Sun Pass and Ezpass is not accepted.
10 REPLIES 10

packnrat
Explorer
Explorer
Deraldjr wrote:
I am heading to San Francisco and I notice on the maps that there are several toll bridges in and around.

yes all of the state bridges are tolls.
think pay driving away fron oakland.
free driving to oakland.
all of them have cash lanes.

the golden gate bridge is owned by the city of sf, toll south bound ( into the city).

the bay area has some toll lanes. but those are to the far left so no trailers. and if you do not have a sticker or trans ponder you get a ticket.

road taxes are paid through many ways so tolls have not been needed. till they saw a cash cow in the making.

but if you want to see great country head east away from the citys, or north of sacramento.
much less traffic and great country.
if open ( winter snow closure) stay off hwys 108 sonora pass and hwy 4 ebbets pass with any rv or trailer, steep grades, hair-pin turns, narrow rd.
but take just a pu or car worth the drive.
i ride a moto up there.

2006 F250 4X4 auto 6.0 short bed
2001 sunnybrook 24 ft
1984 cj7 built up a bit
kg6tgu
never too many toys, just not enought room to keep them
one dog who belives she is the master. rip 12 12 2007
12 loving years and loyal to the end.
just out having fun

Range_Maggot_Bo
Explorer
Explorer
Road Phantom wrote:
Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia and West Virginia.

Not accepted west of Ohio. Fortunately, the western states have very few toll roads. None of the Interstates out west have them that I know of. Gas is cheaper out west until you get to California. Prices there can be quite high. Save your overnight CG expenses by staying at Flying J and Love Truck stops, Cracklebarrel Restaurants and Walmarts. I don't use rest areas that are close to cities. Some out in western suburbia can be very quiet and safe. I also use County, State, and National Park CG. Stay safe.

It's been a while, but if I remember correctly, parts of I44 were a toll road.

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
Road Phantom wrote:
Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia and West Virginia.

Not accepted west of Ohio. Fortunately, the western states have very few toll roads. None of the Interstates out west have them that I know of. Gas is cheaper out west until you get to California. Prices there can be quite high. Save your overnight CG expenses by staying at Flying J and Love Truck stops, Cracklebarrel Restaurants and Walmarts. I don't use rest areas that are close to cities. Some out in western suburbia can be very quiet and safe. I also use County, State, and National Park CG. Stay safe.

"Not accepted west of Ohio"?? Last time I checked both Indiana and Illinois were west of Ohio.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
Some parts of Florida have started to accept E-ZPass. It is not accepted on the Turnpike. Hereโ€™s an article on it.
Itโ€™s definitely worth getting a transponder as itโ€™s a huge timesaver. Being from Illinois I have an IPass account. Itโ€™s accepted in E-ZPass states. If you want an E-ZPass transponder it might be worth looking around to find the best state to get it from. I think Iโ€™ve seen both New York and Massachusetts mentioned.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

SugarHillCTD
Explorer
Explorer
IIRC, in Illinois it is called iPass, but EZpass works there.

18 months ago I went over the Golden Gate bridge in the dark but never received a bill. Looks like it is a bit of hit or miss.
John & Cathy
'12 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4 sb
'16 Cougar 25RKS w/ Andersen rail mount
'13 Eagle Cap 850 (sold). B4 that a few other TCs and a TT

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Colorado has a toll road in Denver; not sure about the rest of the state. OK has a toll road outside of Tulsa. Beware that entrances and exits are few and far between, so once you're on them, you're stuck.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

Deraldjr
Explorer
Explorer
I am heading to San Francisco and I notice on the maps that there are several toll bridges in and around.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
If you use one of the very few toll roads in California you can pay the toll within 5 days online or by phone.

Pwrstrok
Explorer
Explorer
In Colorado they will send you a bill as per the information from your license plate.

Road_Phantom
Explorer
Explorer