cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Finding 12v wires for vent fan

rjsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
What's been people's experience when adding a powered fan to replace a manual vent with no fan when, when it comes to finding the 12 volt leads in the roof.

Does Keystone run the wires nearby or will I be forced to fish them from a ceiling light?

My model is a 2019 25RES.

Thanks

Ron W.
03 Dodge 2500 SRW,SB,EC
2018 Keystone 25RES
DRZ-400SM
DL-650
3 REPLIES 3

keymastr
Explorer
Explorer
Not a Keystone but mine had two loops of wire next to the vent, pos and neg. Just had to tap in to the loops. ๐Ÿ™‚

Puttin
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a light fixture within a foot or so of the vent opening you can just use a coat hanger and bend a hook at one end. You're just going to be fishing through some Styrofoam to intercept a set of 12v wires. Then just tap into the hot side before the light and jumper it back to the fixture...same with the neg side.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
It's possible your unit has an option of a powered vent in that location. I would pull down the inner trim if any and see if you can see wiring there.

If no wiring you might have to get creative. Can you use a metal coat hanger to reach from the vent location over to one of the ceiling lights? If so they pull the light down and tap a wire into the light fixture and use the coat hanger to pull the wires over to the vent location.

Last ditch is to use some decorative raceway from somewhere like Home Depot and run the wire up a wall and across the ceiling.

Link
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup