cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flush kit for black tank

wyattm
Explorer
Explorer
Just picked up a used 2006 Laredo 30BHS fith wheel. Has anyone had any luck at installing a flush kit on the black tank? It has a polar package on it. So under belly is completly covered. is there enough room on the tank to drill a hole for the flush kit is so which side of the tank did you use?
11 REPLIES 11

samandtheduck
Explorer
Explorer
I have the black tank flush and the "Flush King". I use the black tank flush for a quick cleanout and usually use the Flush King at home to backfill and get the toilet paper out and get the guages working. A word of caution. I was backfilling the tank and got distracted overfilling the tank and popping the top open. This now allows me to be an expert on taking the underbelly pan off. There was about 40 self tapping screws holding the bellypan in place. After removing these and doing some wiggling the bellypan and insulation dropped down. Looked like R12 fiberglass insulation in the pan. My black tank flush was on the black tank on the side between the tanks and on the drain side. I had to cut the plumbing and drop the tank, epoxy it and put it back up. Took 2-3 times as long to put the bellypan back on as I had to line up all the screws. I would guess a day would be lots of time to install the tank flush with a little help to drop and replace the bellypan.
Brian

TimmyTool
Explorer
Explorer
Here's my 2 cents...I'm sure everyone's comments are correct about the "Flush King". On my first trailer the toilet was a straight shot down into the tank from the toilet. I had a "Flush King" that I used and it worked great. Then I traded the trailer in for a new one and guess what? The new one has (2) 45 degree fittings below the toilet before it dumps into tank! This makes the "Flush King" pretty much useless. Hard to say something will work for everybody without knowing what they actually have.

csamayfield55x
Explorer
Explorer
Funny how some will say the Flush King doesn't work. I used one on my last TT for 10 years and never had a plug. I also NEVER left the black tank less than about 1/2 full of water.

Both my Mom and Dad (different 5th wheels) have had mounds grow that took hours of work to get rid of and they both have in tank flush systems.I can't say wether they use them right or not but I can say they have had problems.

My brand new 5er has a flush system and the first trip out I used it. Let it run through the flush king till no more chunks came out. I turned it off and refilled the tank with the FK and dumped it hard and got quite a bit more stuff out of the tank. This tells me it is doing something right

Chris
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins Quad cab
B&W 20K turnover ball, Proline custom flatbed
Tekonsha P3
2015 Open Rang Light 311FLR

SH
Explorer
Explorer
C-Bears wrote:
The Flush King allows you to back fill your black tank from the bottom with a lot of water. Simply keep your gray tanks closed and use the Flush King to rinse out your black tank as many times as you want. If you decided your gray tanks need a cleaning, then close your black, open each gray tank one at a time and use the Flush King to rinse those out. Finally, the Flush King give you an extra gate valve at the end of your sewer boom so you are sure to never have a surprise when setting up camp and taking the cap off of the end of the sewer boom.

I use both on our rig. What I like about the Flush King is it seems to put a lot more water in the tank in a much shorter time than the tank flush. Also nice to do the gray and galley tanks once in awhile. The Flush King did remove a stubborn paper clump that the tank washer was having problems with.
2001 Alpenlite 35RK
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
BD Variable Vane Turbo Brake
TST 507
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo ๐Ÿ™‚

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
C-Bears wrote:
B.O. Plenty wrote:
Flush King will run water in through the outlet and fill tank. Not much different than pouring in water. A tank flusher mounts in the side of the tank and the water pressure going directly inside the tank will help clean it out. Just drop the under belly and install it, then seal it back up. You'll probably be pretty disappointed when you see how little insulation your "Polar Package" has in the floor. Most of the Polar Package is mainly a decal on the side and a bunch of hype.

B.O.

There will probably be two different "camps" out there on this issue. I have a year old fiver with OEM black tank flush system and never use it. I will only use my attached FLUSH KING.

The Flush King allows you to back fill your black tank from the bottom with a lot of water. Simply keep your gray tanks closed and use the Flush King to rinse out your black tank as many times as you want. If you decided your gray tanks need a cleaning, then close your black, open each gray tank one at a time and use the Flush King to rinse those out. Finally, the Flush King give you an extra gate valve at the end of your sewer boom so you are sure to never have a
surprise when setting up camp and taking the cap off of the end of the sewer boom.

There is a video out there where someone in a shop had a RV black tank sitting on a table. The video shows it hooked up to a standard OEM black tank flush system, and then hooked up to a Flush King. It was interesting to watch the OEM flush system work. Most people think it sprays all over and cleans the sides of their black tanks, but they would be WRONG. It does spray a little but generally it is only letting you put water in your black tank from high on one side. Whereas the Flush King allow you to fill from the bottom.

At the conclusion of this video the RV guy says that one system is about as good as the other.

Yep, I you think just floating in water from the bottom is better than a nozzle with multi jet spraying water inside the tank, so be it. I find that our multi nozzle in tank flusher does a great job of chasing out all the solids.

I sure hope that valve that the video has a white hose connected to has a check valve in it!!! Sure doesn't look big enough to have one.

I also find it interesting that you haven't even tried the OEM sprayyer installed in your black tank.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
Flush King will run water in through the outlet and fill tank. Not much different than pouring in water. A tank flusher mounts in the side of the tank and the water pressure going directly inside the tank will help clean it out. Just drop the under belly and install it, then seal it back up. You'll probably be pretty disappointed when you see how little insulation your "Polar Package" has in the floor. Most of the Polar Package is mainly a decal on the side and a bunch of hype.

B.O.

There will probably be two different "camps" out there on this issue. I have a year old fiver with OEM black tank flush system and never use it. I will only use my attached FLUSH KING.

The Flush King allows you to back fill your black tank from the bottom with a lot of water. Simply keep your gray tanks closed and use the Flush King to rinse out your black tank as many times as you want. If you decided your gray tanks need a cleaning, then close your black, open each gray tank one at a time and use the Flush King to rinse those out. Finally, the Flush King give you an extra gate valve at the end of your sewer boom so you are sure to never have a
surprise when setting up camp and taking the cap off of the end of the sewer boom.

There is a video out there where someone in a shop had a RV black tank sitting on a table. The video shows it hooked up to a standard OEM black tank flush system, and then hooked up to a Flush King. It was interesting to watch the OEM flush system work. Most people think it sprays all over and cleans the sides of their black tanks, but they would be WRONG. It does spray a little but generally it is only letting you put water in your black tank from high on one side. Whereas the Flush King allow you to fill from the bottom.

At the conclusion of this video the RV guy says that one system is about as good as the other.
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
A friend of mine installed a flush kit on his grey tank...by mistake. He meant to put it on the black.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I installed a Quickie Flush in my Class C and it was one of the best Mods I have done, and pretty simple.

I picked the Quickie Flush over the Tornado because of the high failure rate of the swivel part. A few of my friends had them fail and it leaves it useless in the tank.

The only thing that I changed is where the hose connects up with the flusher I put a 90 Degree Elbow in it to reduce the strain on the hose and make it closer to the tank.

It looks like this when finished, with a quick disconnect on the end.

Don't get discouraged if it leaks at the hose connections at first they are sometimes hard to get tight. Tightened mine up and have had no leaks anywhere.
Another suggestion is to make a test hole in a piece of wood or something and test fit the device to the hole. I found that the hole size suggested was much larger than needed

After watching This Video at about 12:17, I will stick with my Quickie Flush,conclusion at the end of it is not so good for the Flush King.

Here in the West with our drought I cannot see filling the tank again with something like the Flush King and wasting all that water,with the Quickie Flush it is dump, rinse and go. Not a lot of wasted water by refilling the tank and getting poor results.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
The Flush King is no way as effective as an it the tank flusher. Once you drop the underbelly covering simply drill a hole near the top and seal with silicon.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Just a thought, but how about a "Flush King". Click here.

No installation required, won't have to disturb your underbelly.

Here's a short video how it works. Click here.

This is much simpler than the work it takes to install a flusher on your tank. I use the back-flush method with a Flush King, but I back flush from my gray tank to the black tank Dump, and repeat. Then fill the tank with the Flush King or an additional "swoosh!" amazing how much more comes out when you do this.... Best thing of all ... no risky installs to deal with.