cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fresh Water Tank Fittings

slomark
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in the process of installing a second fresh water tank, when I also purchased the fittings with the tank. Unfortunately there weren't any instructions for the installation of the fittings, and RV Parts Nation has provided no assistance.

It seems that the proper size hole is drilled and the black rubber portion is inserted into the hole, and then when the fitting is screwed into it, the rubber expands and supposedly makes a water tight seal.

Before I drill into the water tank, I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with these fittings?

'09 Heartland Sundance 285bh, '08 CTD
3 REPLIES 3

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
You can find several tank fittings at this website.

Tank-Depot.com

That looks like a simple install of the tank fitting in your picture.

Good luck,

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I,ve used those fitings worked well. make sure all surface,s are smooth clean, and you good to go. don,t over size the hole. a file and light sanding to smooth the flat area clean .welds are better but these work.

geotex1
Explorer
Explorer
Judging by the fittings, you bought a rotocast polyethylene tank. The proper and best fittings for those tanks are installed by spin welding. Those compression style are notoriously iffy, but if your tank is below the floor maybe less worry to you. The seller certainly won't give you install advice because of this and wanting no liability for leaks and any ensuing damage.

Since you already have the tank, giving you contacts where you can order a tank to spec isn't going to help. What I would suggest, personally, is checking around a few RV shops, agriculture equipment repair/suppliers, and similar to see if anyone can spin weld proper fittings on for you. It can be done DIY after either making or buying a spin weld arbor to fit the fittings and using a high-speed drill. However, I don't recommend a crash course because you need to understand the plastic's melt behavior and when enough heat and pressure has been generated to weld. Otherwise, you can end up with a cold, brittle connection that cracks, or spin yourself right through the tank wall.

Sorry I don't have a more positive response for you.