cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fuel Station not pumping

rcpd34
Explorer
Explorer
My fuel station is not pumping. Camper is new to me and I've never used it before. Tank is full and the motor runs fine. No fuel pumps out, but you can feel some air coming out of the nozzle. Any ideas?
Brian
2014 Dutchmen Voltage V300
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CC/SB 4X4 Duramax LMM/LTZ/Z71
14 REPLIES 14

rcpd34
Explorer
Explorer
deltabravo wrote:
Confused..... initially you mentioned the tank / fuel nozzle, now you are mentioned the tank that serves the generator.

Whoops. Posted to wrong thread. This too was solved in similar fashion by sucking hard on the nozzle with the lever pressed. Maybe a spider web or something in there?
Brian

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Confused..... initially you mentioned the tank / fuel nozzle, now you are mentioned the tank that serves the generator.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

rcpd34
Explorer
Explorer
It wound up being that for some reason the fuel line broke suction with the tank. Buddy brought over an air operated tool that manually sucked the fuel through the entire length of fuel line to the generator. It then started up and kept running. Odd.
Brian

rcpd34
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
I don't want to belittle you but if you have 2 tanks, did you put the gas in the correct tank? I've got two tanks, one for the gen and one for the toys.

Yup; they're both full. Whe I got the camper, I crawled underneath and checked to see which tank served the pump as well.
Brian

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I don't want to belittle you but if you have 2 tanks, did you put the gas in the correct tank? I've got two tanks, one for the gen and one for the toys.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
Cracked fuel line.
Same thing happened to my buddy.
We replaced the line from the tank to the pump and it works great now.
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

_plit
Explorer
Explorer
lol i replaced all my plastic gearing , sanded down the gears to help with swelling..now it blows fuses as soon as i turn it on. so...regrounded the timer switch..nada...for now im using the old red can standby!

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
yes, check the hose between the tank and pump. Ethanol ate mine up and you could have holes in it causing the pump to suck air but I'd think there would be a leak if that was the case. Could be completely plugged. There is a strainer inside the pump too.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

rcpd34
Explorer
Explorer
Both are sound advice. I'll try them first chance.
Brian

River_Sand
Explorer
Explorer
The Graco/PBL pumps use a plastic woodruff key to hold the drive gear, if the gears bind then the woodruff key could break. Pump would run but wouldn't pump. I have seen this happen. I would pull the cover and check to see if the gears and key is OK. While you are under there check all of the hoses for cracks creating a possible air leak.
River&Sand
05 Chev Ext.Cab K3500, Dmax/Alli, DRW, Reese Signature 18k, HappiJac, Jordan 2020
05 Lance 920 Truck Camper
06 Weekend Warrior LE3305, 5th Airborne, Dexter E-Z Flex ๐Ÿ˜„
01 HighJumper SandSprite 3 Dune Buggy :E

Riverrat92
Explorer
Explorer
I've had several problems with mine in the past also. A couple of things to try. Leave the gas filler cap on, lay the nozzle on the ground, below the gas tank, turn the pump on and hold the lever. This should make the gas start flowing from the tank.

rcpd34
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I've read those, but this is a different issue. I'm NOT blowing fuses. Pump runs fine and is even blowing a slight amout of air out of the nozzle. Tank is full, but no fuel is being pumped.
Brian

Y-Guy
It will depend on which pump you have, this is a very common problem. If you type in 'fuel pump'' in the search box and click 'search only in toy haulers' you'll have a lot of reading.

Here are two threads to help you out though.

Fuel pump......
Fueling Station Pump Issue/Solution (not gears)

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

hammer21661
Explorer
Explorer
I would hope it needs to be primed, it shouldn't though. Have you tried to pull a vacuum on it with a mityvac or something like that. It could be a broken pick up tube too. Maybe a broken drive key on the gears, mine is plastic.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW crew cab long bed 4x4 diesel Lariamie 1-2018
2013 fuzion 322.8/25/2012
2000 Yellow Lab mix Dog, Earl,The One who gave me Unconditional Love picked up 9-12 or 13, 2001 till 2-7-2014 may he r.i.p.