cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grand Design 260RD issues after a year off - Help Please!!!

Herdingdog
Explorer
Explorer
We took our 2022 260RD camping about 150miles from home - up in the Eastern Sierra's

When we arrived at the RV Park and set up - I noticed that the Microwave did not work - we continued to find many electrical faults throughout - the outlets in the bathroom, some in the kitchen.
And - the TV - a ROKU with a Jensen DVD/Radio player would not communicate so we could not watch movies. Im going to try to update the system on the TV but the Jensen will not show the DVD mode when I press menu - It did that back in March when we brought it home to test the rig

Is there another GFI? The only one we could find was in the bathroom and it would not reset

Help Please!!
Ted and Kath
2021 Grand Design Reflection 260 RD 150 Series
2021 RAM 2500 4x4 Hemi
2 Border Collies
6 REPLIES 6

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
I may be a little late, Not sure the microwave is plugged in through gfci
for some reason, (past, we had a microwave issue) move the door up and down and make sure it is hiiting the litte whatever they are called inside where the door clicks in. Ours was tweaked just a tad. if it works, open the door, take the plastic trim off the top and see where it is screwed in. Our was tweaked a tad so a loosen of the screws or screw a 1/4 ish turn up or down, re-tweak if you will the unit and the door may set into the connection spot right. good luck.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
unplug the rv

reset the gfi

plug in the rv

If the gfi trips then there is a problem with the wiring, or the gfi has gone bad.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
nickthehunter wrote:
If the gfi will not reset there is obviously a problem with that circuit. A mouse could have chewed a wire, a wire has become crossed in one of the plugs, etc., etc., etc. The list of possibilities is endless. Itโ€™s going to take some detective work with a continuity meter, a test light, etc. to find the problem.

Without being used for a year, critters was my first thought, too.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
If the gfi will not reset there is obviously a problem with that circuit. A mouse could have chewed a wire, a wire has become crossed in one of the plugs, etc., etc., etc. The list of possibilities is endless. Itโ€™s going to take some detective work with a continuity meter, a test light, etc. to find the problem.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
call a mobil rv mech, have them make a service. might be the cheapest way to fix all this

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I doubt it is another GFI issue, but obviously something is shut off or became disconnected. Do you have a power off switch, that you may not remember switching off?

Jerry