cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heartland Bighorn 32 GK Traveler reviews?

krazymatt
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any experience with Big Horn 5th Wheels? I'm looking at the subject model as a first time full time situation for myself. My primary RV Spot will be at my ranch. I plan on possible going south during winter. I'm retired at 47 so I might struggle to meet people my age in this lifestyle im assuming. I'd appreciate any insight any of you all can give me on the Montana. Part of me still thinks im crazy to do this lol. I think I'm gonna love it.
New Mexico
2018 Ram 3500 Dually Cummins 4x4
4 REPLIES 4

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I took a look at the specs, as I always do when somebody is talking about a rig of similar size to mine. The item that I always zero in on is the freshwater capacity. It is listed as 65gal, & that most likely includes the water heater capacity. Subtract a further 10 gallons that the pump can't suck up from a near empty tank & you are left with not much at all if you plan to do anything more than a weekend worth of dry camping.

This might be fine for one person, you don't say, but with two the water disappears fast. Finding a 5er these days with a decent water capacity is hard to do. It seems all of the builders think that all of us use FHU sites exclusively.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

94-D2
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2018 Bighorn Traveler 39MB. Not the Montana but, I could certainly live in it. All of my issues have been assembly quality issues. The materials like floors, cabinets fixtures and structure have all been fine since September of 2017 when I bought it. No issues with plumbing, (except the lack of drain seals in the shower, again assembly issue) electrical, or gas, appliances, slides, fixtures have all been good. As with anything, constant maintenance is key.

Good luck on the search. Hope it is helpful......
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 6.7L, Aisin, air ride, Ram puck prep, SuperGlide 20K auto slide.
2018 Bighorn Traveler 4 slide w/Apt.

It’s not what you’ve done that commands respect, it’s what you do.

Happy Campin’

rbp111
Explorer
Explorer
I would be hard pressed to tell a person if one is better than the other. We have had three fifth wheels, and two of them we had no problem with. The third, the current one and the most $ has been in and out of the shop so many times now, it would astonish you.
By the way, it is a Bighorn, not the traveler series.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
I would also recommend trying the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm a Big Country owner and think that I could live in it. Does it have issues, yes, but if you read enough threads here it seems all brands and models do to some extent.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk