cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Height from deck to roof?

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone tell me the height of some toy hauler 5th wheel campers? .

Trying to determine the total height from the floor or deck of the trailer to the highest point on the RV.

It's not in brochures.

Also looking for the height from the deck of the camper to the underside of the "cab over" or "trucks bed over" area toward the front.
8 REPLIES 8

RoyBell
Explorer
Explorer
It seems most are 13.5' clear according to brochures. Most bridge clearances seem to be approx 13.5'. I hope the 5th wheels are actually a little shorter and the bridges are a little taller.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm not sure what you are looking for. But the 15 - 16 ft total height you are assuming is way too high and wouldn't go under half the bridges in the country.
Figure around 13.5 feet from ground to top of A/C units in most cases.

Measuring from the floor of the trailer up does not account for the differences in suspension/wheel size etc.

Here is a link to Forest River Website for one of the toy haulers. It shows an exterior height of 12'7"
Shockwave T28KSGDX
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
HadEnough wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Anywhere from 10' to 13 1/2'. There's a ton of different toy haulers with heights of all different numbers. Choose one. With no specific model, it's impossible to say. Most are probably in the 12'-13' range.

Thank you. This is a pretty good start.

If the deck height to roof height is 13 1/2 feet, isn't that about 15-16ft total height for bridge clearance?

I'd love to find some with the lowest height from deck to roof top, including AC. 5th wheel or possibly travel trailer but leaning toward fifth wheel.

Anyone have any thoughts as to models with lowest deck to rooftop heights?

I have been scouring the internet for hours and hours looking but it's just not a measurement manufacturers give.
I guess I misinterpreted your question. I gave height from the ground to the tallest part of the trailer. I thought your question was about the height of a toyhauler. You won't find any information about what you want because it isn't considered "necessary" information. You'll just have to go measure.

The shortest trailers obviously will be a bumper pull toyhauler.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Anywhere from 10' to 13 1/2'. There's a ton of different toy haulers with heights of all different numbers. Choose one. With no specific model, it's impossible to say. Most are probably in the 12'-13' range.

Thank you. This is a pretty good start.

If the deck height to roof height is 13 1/2 feet, isn't that about 15-16ft total height for bridge clearance?

I'd love to find some with the lowest height from deck to roof top, including AC. 5th wheel or possibly travel trailer but leaning toward fifth wheel.

Anyone have any thoughts as to models with lowest deck to rooftop heights?

I have been scouring the internet for hours and hours looking but it's just not a measurement manufacturers give.

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
edbehnke wrote:
just get out there and measure yours. don't fall.

Would love to, but I have a truck camper.

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
just get out there and measure yours. don't fall.
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldnโ€™t trust the manufacturerโ€™s number if height is an issue. Measure.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad