cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help : 89 Holiday Rambler wiring

Rholiday
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 89 Holiday Rambler 5th Wheel they were going to remodel and have taken the thermostat for heater, The lights on the wall and what ever else not sure what else .There are wires sticking out of thr wall above the entry door also on the opposite wall .Just to give an idea of what I'm dealing with 1st how can I find weather I have a inverter or a converter and how can I check to see if it works or not . I worked for Western RV in the 80s to mid 90s i know how to do trim install windows replace panes and everything on the exterior walls but when it comes to interior I'm not good I have a basic understanding of wiring 12v and 110v any help will Be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance H.A.G. Rholiday
4 REPLIES 4

Rholiday
Explorer
Explorer
First I would like to thank C A Traveler and Barney S for there post answers on My other posts they where very helpful I would like to Know which would be better for Myself to use I have a 88FORD f-250 with the Windsor 351 FI and will be towing My 89 holiday Rambler ALUM-ALITE XL 28 FT MY PICKUP has a TEKONSHA 2030 MARK 12 I have a TEKONSHA VOYAGER 1030C should I leave whats in there or switch to the voyager also the 2030 MARK is working good HAG Rholiday

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Almost any RV manual is just a collection of the manuals that the appliance manufacturers put out and any other information is just about useless.
For that year RV I suspect you have a converter and not an inverter unless the previous owner changed it out. That is how most RV's of that time were supplied.

We have a longtime member, Chris Bryant, now retired from his RV service business, who has generously provided a link to many manuals, both RV's themselves and appliances used in RV's, on his company website. You can check out the various categories on his site
here.

You would probably be best served by looking up the model numbers of the various items in your trailer and then searching for the manual for each item.
Good luck. ๐Ÿ™‚
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Rholiday
Explorer
Explorer
I've looked every where I could think of a to find about wiring diagram to find colors of wire for water tanks black grey and water also battery because the monitor panel was taken out by previous owner he also took the thermostat off the wall then some how broke it and didn't mark the wires when i could find Holiday Rambler there isn't anything before 91 and nothing about wiring I would be most thankful for any help or information on this or links to info THANKS HAG Rholiday

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check the battery voltage, plug in the RV and if it goes up the charger is at least partially working. Follow the heavy battery wires to the charger and research the model - if it exists. If the charger has AC output wiring then you have a charger/inverter. Turn on the inverter and if you have 120V AC output it's working. This all assumes you have batteries and they are OK.

Highly recommend you post on a HR board for help and you might even find wiring diagrams.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob