cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hitch Lock - Butch Services

oldretiredafguy
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know or has heard from Butch?

I would like to purchase one if they are still available.

Website shows it still under construction!
Mike

2000 Snowbird 26 RLBW
2002 Carriage LS RL3
2002 3500 QC HO-6spd 2WD, OEM Jake, Michelin XPS, B&W Turnover, V gate, Dee Zee 40 Gal Aux.
5 REPLIES 5

johndeerefarmer
Explorer III
Explorer III
oldretiredafguy wrote:
B.O. Plenty wrote:
oldretiredafguy wrote:
B.O. Plenty wrote:
Last I heard he was out of business. I had one for my old rig. Got to thinking, if I was too dumb to make sure the hitch was latched why would I latch the Butchs setup. I now have a B&W hitch, I do check it when I'm hitched but can't see how it would be a problem

B.O.

Do you still have it laying around? I would like to buy it if you do!
Mike
Let it go when I sold the hitch. It was on a Super Glide. If you really want one they don't look like they would be hard to fabricate.

B.O.

I agree, except for getting the roll in cold steel correct.

Maybe someone else on the forum has one on a shelf in their garage that they forgot about.

Thanks
Mike

It would be easy to fabricate. Use a piece of sucker rod and find a piece of pipe that fits over that. Weld a piece of flat strap to a short piece of pipe and bolt them at each side of the hitch plate. You could weld a washer on one end for a cap and then drill a hole in the other end and insert a hair clip. I have been able to drill holes in some sucker rod but not others.

I have had two of his latch kits. I will make my own for my new hitch.
The idea of the latch kit is not if you forget to latch it but if it doesn't latch and LOOKS like it is latched. My Pullrite was really bad about that..
2020 Ford 350 6.7 PSD & 2017 F150 3.5 EB max tow
GD Reflection 29rs

oldretiredafguy
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
oldretiredafguy wrote:
B.O. Plenty wrote:
Last I heard he was out of business. I had one for my old rig. Got to thinking, if I was too dumb to make sure the hitch was latched why would I latch the Butchs setup. I now have a B&W hitch, I do check it when I'm hitched but can't see how it would be a problem

B.O.

Mike
Let it go when I sold the hitch. It was on a Super Glide. If you really want one they don't look like they would be hard to fabricate.

B.O.

I agree, except for getting the roll in cold steel correct.

Maybe someone else on the forum has one on a shelf in their garage that they forgot about.

Thanks
Mike
Mike

2000 Snowbird 26 RLBW
2002 Carriage LS RL3
2002 3500 QC HO-6spd 2WD, OEM Jake, Michelin XPS, B&W Turnover, V gate, Dee Zee 40 Gal Aux.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
oldretiredafguy wrote:
B.O. Plenty wrote:

B.O.

Mike

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

oldretiredafguy
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:

B.O.

Mike
Mike

2000 Snowbird 26 RLBW
2002 Carriage LS RL3

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS