Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Husky Silver Series 16K W 5th Wheel - Single Jaw

Ex-Halfton_Guy
Explorer
Explorer
Hello
Looking for opinions on this hitch. I want to upgrade my cheap one I have now. Looking to spend around 500-600 if possible. Thanks
The Wife, my 3 boys Joseph(19) Ryder(5) Kade(3)
2016 Rockwood Signature UltraLight 2801WS
Pulled by a 2012 Ford 350 Desiel 4x4
9 REPLIES 9

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ex-Halfton Guy wrote:
Hello
Looking for opinions on this hitch. I want to upgrade my cheap one I have now. Looking to spend around 500-600 if possible. Thanks

When I think of "cheap" hitches Husky is on the list!

If you want a simple solid hitch that does not rattle can be hitched and unhitched at an angle and there is no question if you are hitched choose the B&W in your favorite flavor!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

ChuckSteed
Explorer
Explorer
On our fifth season using a husky 16K hitch. No issues and Iโ€™d buy again without hesitation

Happyemptyneste
Explorer
Explorer
GHop, thanks for the recall info. We have a 16k hitch that we bought in 2016. I've had trouble the
last couple of times while unhitching that the jaw wouldn't release all the way. Had to beat on it with a short board to get it to release enough to unhitch.

salem
Explorer
Explorer
Mine's going on 13 years old. No problems.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Ex-Halfton Guy wrote:
Hello

Get the Steel version of the Andersen , it will fit your bed rails, and be done. Its well worth it especially with your truck ,and fifth wheel

GHop
Explorer
Explorer
Just a little update information related to Husky fifth wheel hitch. Received a recall notice (18E-022), towing safety issue may exist in the 16KW and 26KW hitch head manufactured between 2010 and 2017. Several bolts on these head were improperly installed which could cause the jaw not to release or release while towing. If you own a Husky fifth wheel hitch contact a dealer ASAP.
G.H.

GHop
Explorer
Explorer
Great hitch, used the 16k for a few years but had to upgrade to the 18k Huskey Hitch due to our new Fifth Wheel. The only thing I would hope they would offer is a Hitch for the P-System. I might have to change to lower my hitch hight two to three inches, but being that this hitch has been so reliable I have been dragging my feet. Great hitch
G.H.

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
These are good hitches. A buddy of mine had one and it served him well.

I would purchase a B&W Patriot 16k or 18k though.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been towing our 14K (13,873# Scaled) 5th wheel for 11 yrs (7 yrs FT) using a Husky 16K 4-way articulating head single jaw hitch.

Clean, simple and positive lock up.
Does the job at very reasonable pricing.

$495 and Free Shipping. 'Hitch only'---need appropriate base rails kit
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31