cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hydraulic glide out

ascalco
Explorer
Explorer
My bedroom glide out has started opening on its on about 6โ€ . Does anyone have any ideas on whatโ€™s happening? Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
dougrainer wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
How new is this trailer, motorhome?

2002 hitchhiker 5th wheel.
This older style Hyd. slides the usual cause was one of the slide rams leaking internally. Depending on the Brand of the Slide system determines the procedure for troubleshooting the rams. Doug
Thank you, I had looked at his profile and totally missed seeing the trailer. Doh.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
Had a had a 2005 Mobile Suites 5th wheel with same problem. It was the slide rams leaking.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
fj12ryder wrote:

2002 hitchhiker 5th wheel.
This older style Hyd. slides the usual cause was one of the slide rams leaking internally. Depending on the Brand of the Slide system determines the procedure for troubleshooting the rams. Doug

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
My previous 30' 5th wheel trailer ('96 model) had 2 hyd slides. The big living room slide would creep out sitting still and especially going down the road. The hyd valves were separate and just a open and close with no hold feature. The unit came with rods to keep the the slides in.
I welded spring loaded latches/quarter turn to open outside and easy to reach. No more slide creep. Open the slide did require going outside and pulling the latch open. The latch was automatic reset when the slide came in.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
Look a the Hydraulic Through Frame Slideout Service Manual

When ours did this it was a internal leak in the bedroom slide cylinder.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Valve(s) leaking, seal(s) leaking.