cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

JT Strong Arms

Lee185
Explorer
Explorer
Just started full timing a few months ago & Im tired of the sway & wobble.

We used our last TT so infrequently it wasnt worth it, but now with 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 big dogs & 2 small dogs we almost need dramamine.

I thought I bought a 5'er not a boat.

I see theres 3 different kits you can buy (191025, 191024 & 191023), also I have square landing gear in the front & round hydraulic in the rear.

Which kit do I need? And What accessories do I need to make it work with my setup?

Nothing worse than waiting for something to be delivered, only to find out you need to order more parts, or worse yet spend extra time & money at Ace Hardware tring to figure out how to improvise a fix.

Thanks Lee
2019 F-250 Crew Cab FX4 Short Bed 6.7L
2019 Dutchmen Atlas 3252 MBF
17 REPLIES 17

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have JT's and love them!I like the fact that both front legs are braced which makes what was the weakest link now the strongest.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
We have JT's and love them. You have to preload them to remove slack and after that they are very stable.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

Campinghoss
Explorer
Explorer
I have tried other stabilizing arms on previous fivers but ours now is the 6 point auto leveling system with JT arms. It is as solid as I think a camper could be once setup. We are very satisfied with ours.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

Lee185
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered the steadyfast system, less stuff to mess with, no additional channel to run under the rear of the trailer, half the drilling, No extra mounting brackets to order ($30 a pair & I would need 3 pair)

I watched their video & was impressed by the simplicity.

Everythings included with the steadyfast system.

Thanks, Lee
2019 F-250 Crew Cab FX4 Short Bed 6.7L
2019 Dutchmen Atlas 3252 MBF

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
If you're looking for a cheap and easy fix that give some pretty good improvement, try a bottle jack on the frame near the wheels on each side. $25 and my trailer is night and day better. I've never tried any of the other things being talked about but know I'm pretty happy with the money and effort of the jacks.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Our KZ came with factory-installed JTs as well as the 4-point auto-level. Just having the auto-level is so much more stable than our old Komfort that I sometimes forego the JTs. :B It =is= noticeably more stable when I do use them, but going from the old system (front legs, wheels, rear stabilizers) to the 4-pt, where a goodly portion of the FW's weight sits on the jacks and not the wheels, is night and day difference. The JTs are just frosting on the cake. :B

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
We have had JT's on our 2001 alpenlite for many years. As I and others have posted on earlier post on this subject wait still the wind blows and then other neighbors around you say wow that wind last night was something and we say hear it but didn't notice it. Even 45 ft MH folks have said that but don't believe it because we just have a fifth wheel. Before the JT's I installed scissor jacks in front of the front tires because my wife was doing needle work and that stopped the wiggle when I walked near her. Still use them as we sit for 6 months each winter. Not any issue for the setup for me but other brands are good. I ask owners how they like their Jt's and often the answer is can't see what good they are. You didn't buy your Trailer new did you and no is always the answer. Of course they don't work with out knowledge.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Also another happy SteadyFast user. Made a big difference on my 5er.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
sayoung wrote:
Talk to the SteadyFast folks before ordering anything. I think theirs is a better product , not saying JT is bad just not on par.

I've had both- JT StrongArm knockoffs and the SteadyFast system. I greatly prefer the SteadyFast system.

Full review:
http://learntorv.com/product-review-steadyfast-stabilizers/
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
On our 4 point leveling system, I added a similar system and I don't think it is quite as good as the ones I made for my previous 5er. But on this 5er I used self drilling screws into the landing gear foot and used a grinder to cut them off flush on the bottom side, and wish I would have done that on our last 5er.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
We had JT Strongarms on our previous rig. We have SteadyFast on our current rig. They are about the same in terms of their results IMO. SteadyFast was easier to install and is easier to use, so theyโ€™d get my vote.
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
The only way to stop all motion is get the wheels off the ground and put solid blocks under the frame about every 4 to 6 feet.

Braces such as JT's Strongarms will help, as will X-Chocks between the wheels on both sides.

One thing we have found is the heavier the trailer, the less rocking. Also, put solid blocks under the jacks and stabilizers and extend them as little as possible.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Talk to the SteadyFast folks before ordering anything. I think theirs is a better product , not saying JT is bad just not on par.

theczar
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure about 3 but I know there are two versions for 5th wheels. It depends on how far apart your landing gear is. One is for wider applications and the other for narrower applications. Other than that, those two are identical.

If your rear stabilizers are hydraulic, I suspect you have the large round pads. If so, you need and accesory that either is welded to or bolted on to the pad for the arm to attach. Hope this helps