cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LineX and fifth wheel rails

bob2525
Explorer
Explorer
My truck came with fifth wheel rails and I want to LineX the bed. I plan to remove the rails and completely LineX the bed. I would like to know if the thickness of the LineX coating will cause any problems when I re-install the rails.
8 REPLIES 8

Atom_Ant
Explorer
Explorer
Just had a hitch installed in a bed that already had lineX. They just went right over the top and bolted it on.
2008 Ford F350 2014 Redwood 36RL - Our Rig
Onan 5500, Splendide Ariston W/D, 8K axles, disk brakes, G614s, tri-glide pin box,
6-pt leveling, dual heat pump, dual awnings, Trav'ler SK-1000 Dish

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
I had mine lined last Aug. after a dead tree destroyed the bed and it was rebuilt. Rails were reinstalled after the liner sprayed in and they are still tight. Looks great.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

wittmeba
Explorer
Explorer
The process usually recommended:

- install the rails
- remove the rails
- spray the Line-X bedliner
- reinstall the rails
NRA Member & supporter of the 2nd amendment - over 5,000,000 strong

Firefoxยฎ 33

Log home images - Updated 05/19/2013

ohiopicker
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
NO. And that is the best way to do it!!!! Chris

Ditto here. I installed the rails, but didn't torque the nuts. Then removed the rails and had the bed Line-X coated. After getting the truck back, I re-installed the rails and torqued the nuts to spec. A few days later, I checked the torque, and, surprisingly, it hadn't changed. I expected the rails to sink into the coating a bit, but that didn't happen. Checked again after the first RV trip, and nothing had changed.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use the B&W hitch and it works fine with the Line-X bed spray-in bed liner.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

sprintnut
Explorer
Explorer
Bob,
Go for it. I had line-x installed in 2000 and had the rails sprayed also. I then reinstalled the rails and torqued and have had no problems since. The bolt heads sunk into the linex coating but have never come loose. Sure don't have to worry about rust or paint coming off like the rest of the hitch.
Good luck.
Russ

2000 F350 & 1999 Newmar Kountry Star fifth wheel.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
I just had them LineX the bed.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
NO. And that is the best way to do it!!!! Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021