cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking at new 5th wheels....does anyone build a ?????

pirlbeck
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are looking for a new 5th wheel and are not having much luck finding the floor plan exactly like we want and have now. Here is what we are looking for.

33-34ft length give or take a foot or so.

Not a bunk house.

2 slides minimum, 3 would be preferred.

Large U-both dining with seating on wall side.

No free standing kitchen island, we want the open floor space.

Needs to sleep at least 4, 6 would be better. This is because all of our kids and grand kids live out of state, but do camp with us once or twice a year. Don't want to give up space for a bunkhouse for once or twice a year.

It seems almost all floor plans now have the free standing island or don't have the large u-booth. I have inquired about ordering something custom made and it seems that is only an option with some of the very high end manufacturers and that would be out of our price range.

Thanks!
2009 Lance 845
2021 Flagstaff 529RLKS 36'6" fifthwheel
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
19.5 Rickson wheels with Michelin XZE tires
Air lift bags with 72000 wireless onboard air
Hellwig Big Wig rear sway bar
Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks
Torqlift tie downs
10 REPLIES 10

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III

Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE (Dealer Stock Only)
You probably can get a booth dinette instead of the table.

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you can find something close to what you want it sure wouldn't be hard to build your own dinette. Even removing an island would be relatively easy in many cases.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
clicky link
Floorplans and models can change each year or some times in mid year so I find its best to look mfg websites for whats available. Plug in the coffee maker and spend some time looking at mfg websites.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

pirlbeck
Explorer
Explorer
OK, thanks for the replies and the help. Unfortunately, I am afraid some of those options shown above are out of our price range.

Thanks again.
2009 Lance 845
2021 Flagstaff 529RLKS 36'6" fifthwheel
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
19.5 Rickson wheels with Michelin XZE tires
Air lift bags with 72000 wireless onboard air
Hellwig Big Wig rear sway bar
Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks
Torqlift tie downs

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Longer than what your requirements are, but everything else fits your criteria. Click here.

We have a Montana High Country 5er with the front living room. The opposing couches fold out to become beds. In our 5er, the 2 couches can sleep 4 people. Looks like this floor plan has the same arrangement, so you could sleep 6 easily.

I've not seen this specific model, but I have seen other Alpines with the upper kitchen with the full wrap around dinette. They are impressive. We first saw this in an Alpine (front kitchen), and were so impressed with it, we ended up getting the front living room in a Montana model because we did NOT want the center island either.

Good luck in your search. You may have to go longer to get what you want. But the bottom line is, get something comfortable for YOU and your "significant other" and don't worry about guests ... at all. They can always sleep on the floor in blow up mattresses and be tickled pink!

Here's a YouTube video on this model, you might enjoy: Click here.

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
Like this.

2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
A 3 slide unit would normally give you opposing main room slides and plenty of room to move around with an island. The island does add a ton more counter space and kitchen storage.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe start looking at non conventional floorplans.
Front living or even front kitchens like this Keystone.
front kitchen Alpine
This was longer than you wan, but there are some shorter front living models from Heartland and others.

edit add, not a u shaped dinette, but does seat six and closer to your preferred length.
Sprinter

js218
Explorer
Explorer
Check out New Horizons.
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim