Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

looking for "short" (<37ft) 5th w/ opposing couches

audiodane
Explorer
Explorer
hey again you wonderful family!

Well, we're enjoying our new "horse" (2018 ram 3500) .... things are settling down and we're starting to look for 5th wheels again. While we originally thought we'd be looking for a bunkhouse for the kids, they surprised us and all agreed they'd rather have more congregational space than a bunkhouse. whaaaaaaa?!?! ๐Ÿ˜‰

TL;DR:
------
We're looking for a used 5th wheel that is UNDER 38' (32'-36' would be GREAT) that has a living area with opposing slides, each with flip-out couch. Great entertaining/living space, while still sleeping 4 (2x per couch) in the living room. Any recommendations on older-model units that might fit that bill?

Back-story:
------------

We walked through a couple newer 5th's on the lot that had a living room (front or rear, doesn't matter) with two opposing flip out couches -- tons of space to hang out with friends and families, and two flip outs that sleep 2 each. Wow!

However, we've also noticed that those with these dual-slide facing couches are typically 38' to 42' tip-to-tail, and we'd REALLY love to stay UNDER 37/38 feet tip-to-tail.

Since this is a new style of floorplan than what we've been looking for, I'm starting from scratch (all the previous research I'd done was on bunkhouses)...

Any ideas of brands/models to look at would be greatly appreciated!

cheers,
..dane
2018 Ram 3500 CC SB 4x4 SRW
2 REPLIES 2

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
If you are looking 2 sofas in a 5th wheel the montana 3130RE is a good one, sad though they stopped making it as of 2019 but they are out there. It is about 34 feet long.
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I searched KeystonRV.com web site and couldn't find anything that met your criteria (Montana, Lerado, Alpine, etc) in a 5er. However, I did find this one that meets your criteria in a TT model (actually the only one under the Keystone brand I could find.

2 opposing sides in the living room area with tri-fold beds on the opposite sides. Under your max length. Anyway, it's something to think about. This is "new", but maybe you might be able to find one used. At least you'd know what make and model to search for:

(Keystone) HIDEOUT 32RDDS TRAVEL TRAILER

Link

Stats:

Shipping Weight = 7901
Carrying Capacity = 1869
Hitch = 970
Length = 36' 8"
Height = 11' 2"
Fresh Water = 43
Waste Water = 39
Gray Water = 39
LPG = 40