cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MorRyde IS

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
For those who have had this installed, what is the pricing for a 8K system? Just the IS, nothing else.

Thanks
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4
19 REPLIES 19

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here are some pics. They come to DRV with the pin box requested. DRV installs the tires axles and brake lines. You can see a temp axle under frame.

Pics 2 & 3 of our rig on the assembly line.

Pic of DRV's at MORryde waiting to be aligned. Lost that pic! But last pic shows what they look like at DRV either waiting for alignment or paint.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
We were there last year for installation of the 7k's and disc's on our Excel. There was a constant flow of unpainted DRV's the 3 days we were there. I didn't pay that close attention but I remember thinking they must be coming in for an alignment since they were in and out much faster than mine.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

Cummins12V98 wrote:
I wanted to hear what you had to say. The unpainted DRVโ€™s are delivered to MORRyde to be aligned thatโ€™s it.

The frames are delivered to DRV with the IS installed.

When I took my DRV to them to have the 3โ€ risers installed they ripped off the entire brake line system and installed it properly as DRV does a lousy job.

I can post pics later.

I knew you had that done, I can only say whet Rob told me... Perhaps I misunderstood him ?? Maybe they were there for alignment? It wouldn't be the first time I made a mistake... But I remember vividly the response about the running gear, unless I am mixing them up with something else??
Anyway, its a worthwhile upgrade...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I wanted to hear what you had to say. The unpainted DRVโ€™s are delivered to MORRyde to be aligned thatโ€™s it.

The frames are delivered to DRV with the IS installed.

When I took my DRV to them to have the 3โ€ risers installed they ripped off the entire brake line system and installed it properly as DRV does a lousy job.

I can post pics later.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Cummins12V98 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
laknox wrote:
Betcha the mfr's option comes in exactly the same cost as having MorRyde do it. Mfr buys them at a wholesale cost, then their markup brings it right back to full retail. Frankly, I'd trust MorRyde's install over the mfr =any= day. AND, since the mfr does offer it as an option, they can't deny warranty on anything except the IS itself, and maybe not even then.

Lyle

Lyle,

The ONLY authorized installers of the MORryde IS is MORRyde themselves, and I believe Henderson Line Up out in Grants Pass OR..

IF it is offered as an option ( like on DRV) they ship the trailer to MORryde before final paint to have the installation done..

When I was there getting mine installed, there were 2 unpainted DRV's getting the IS.. I had to ask Rob K. what was up with them...

How does DRV get the trailers to MORRyde to have the IS installed?

Not sure if a yard dog drags them over, or they have a delivery service ( didn't ask ) ... Since I waited for mine to be done I had time on my hands while there back in "2016"... Rob was the one that told me what each of them were getting... 8k IS, AND the pinbox..( i think )

I DID ask about the running gear, they weld a temp system under it for travel purposes..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ford truck guy wrote:
laknox wrote:
Betcha the mfr's option comes in exactly the same cost as having MorRyde do it. Mfr buys them at a wholesale cost, then their markup brings it right back to full retail. Frankly, I'd trust MorRyde's install over the mfr =any= day. AND, since the mfr does offer it as an option, they can't deny warranty on anything except the IS itself, and maybe not even then.

Lyle

Lyle,

The ONLY authorized installers of the MORryde IS is MORRyde themselves, and I believe Henderson Line Up out in Grants Pass OR..

IF it is offered as an option ( like on DRV) they ship the trailer to MORryde before final paint to have the installation done..

When I was there getting mine installed, there were 2 unpainted DRV's getting the IS.. I had to ask Rob K. what was up with them...

How does DRV get the trailers to MORRyde to have the IS installed?

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
ford truck guy wrote:
laknox wrote:

Lyle

Lyle,

Cool! Had not realized that since it's so far out of my needs and budget, I've never really researched it. :B

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

laknox wrote:

Lyle

Lyle,

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

laknox
Nomad
Nomad

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

slider45
Nomad
Nomad
Dennis M M wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
whatever the cost, its WORTH THE PRICE ! EVERY PENNY

x2 !

Did my '05 Newmar two years ago. Had to go to 9k axles, which meant new brake assemblies and drums, which put the whole thing closer to $10k than the original estimate around $6k, but well worth the price!

Another local guy here have it for about 3 years and haven't heard any complain.

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
whatever the cost, its WORTH THE PRICE ! EVERY PENNY

x2 !

Did my '05 Newmar two years ago. Had to go to 9k axles, which meant new brake assemblies and drums, which put the whole thing closer to $10k than the original estimate around $6k, but well worth the price!
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get a quote from MORryde, then use it to work a deal with your Dealer. Remember, even without the IS you will still be paying for two axles under your unit. Use that info to try and get a little lower price on Factory installed IS vs MORryde. Either way the install will still be done by MORryde, it will just save you two days at MORryde while they do the install.
Been there, done that several times.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
Travlingman wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Why don't you call MORryde and ask them as they have several options to match "YOUR" RV.

We are looking at a new rig and they have an option of IS. Comparing their cost to doing it after.

So you want to pay the manufacturer to put on some tube axles and the labor (which is probably the same as MORride). Then you want to buy the MORryde (I'm sure the manufacturer buys them for less than you can, factor in shipping). Then you want to do a pretty good sized job of switching them.

And what about the brakes. Does the original have discs? Can you just switch tem? What are you going to do with the old axles? Sell them on Craigslist for $25?

If you ever have any warranty issues, good luck with that!

I think this is a no brainer---huge headache vs no headache.
Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Same answer contact MORRyde. Then compare.