cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MorRyde pin box

jimwooster
Explorer
Explorer
Our new Montana came with the Moryde suspension, but not the pin box. We donโ€™t tow nearly as much as we did (all over the US) mostly a trip from Ohio to Key West and back. Snowbirds. Dealer said we could put on the Moryde pin installed for $800.00. If we were traveling like we did with our 2007 Jayco Designer it would be a no brainer. What is you opinion on spending the $$ and upgrading it. Thanks, Jim
12 REPLIES 12

Dan_Henry
Explorer
Explorer
I put an Morryde pin box on my trailer and had clunking sound stopping and starting.. Found the 8 nuts on the the rubber spring mount studs was not troqued properly. . Torqued the nuts to 40 lbs and all is well

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a 2019 montana high country 374fl. it came with standard pin box pulled it 10 miles then ordered moreryde pin box

danskool
Explorer
Explorer
Mor Ride pin box is amazing. Won't own a 5th wheel without it.
Night and Day difference.
Dan

2021 5th Wheel Crusader 29RS
2001 F250 XLT 7.3 PSD

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
Love my mor ride. This is my second trailer with mor ride. Really would have it no other way. However you might want to shop around.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
RCMAN46 wrote:
If you find the trailer is chucking work on eliminating the chucking if possible.

Most common reason for chucking is low pin weight percentage. That can be corrected for zero $$.

If you decide to change out the pin box I vote for one that cushions up and down movement which will reduce strain on the trailer frame and the truck suspension.

Thatโ€™s not totally true. My 2004 Sandpiper on cat scale was 8,800 on the axles and 3,300 on the pin. It would beat you to death until I installed the rubber pin box.

mkisamore
Explorer
Explorer
we use the 5th airborne pin box cut down the chucking alot , just make sure you fill it with air prior to hook up we had to use trailer jacks to take the weight off a bit to fill

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
If you find the trailer is chucking work on eliminating the chucking if possible.

Most common reason for chucking is low pin weight percentage. That can be corrected for zero $$.

If you decide to change out the pin box I vote for one that cushions up and down movement which will reduce strain on the trailer frame and the truck suspension.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
All depends on how the RV handles now? MORryde does not offer up and down cushioning just fore and aft.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
The mor-ryde inbox was one of my have to haves on my current rig. Well worth the money IMHO. You could probably halve the price by looking for a used one on craigslist or similar, and install it yourself.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
Every truck and trailer combination is different. I would wait and see how it tows with the stock pin box. If has much chucking then I would replace it but I think the dealers price is a bit much.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
The dealers is charging you a hefty price for the labor for that! You can buy one on-line from various retailers for just over $500. Not difficult to swap out at all. I'd do it myself. The pin box does help the ride and is worth it to me. Then maybe you would sell the old pin box for a few dollars.
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

Toolguy5
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a Jayco North Point this year with the Moryde suspension and pin box. All I can say it is a much smoother ride then our previous Coachmen Caparral that did not have either.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013