cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oldie but goody???

billy1davis
Explorer
Explorer
I am considering the purchase of an Alpenlite. I am concerned that I won't be able to get parts .
Also that it will break down as it is old,
I am deciding between it and a Grand Design. I have had 11 different RV's and have always had on.
I am anxious o hear from all but especially the owners of the oldies.
7 REPLIES 7

Johnny_G1
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing wrong with an old trailer as my TravelAire is a 1994 and all we replaced so far were the kitchen taps, one of the better built 5th wheels in their day, very well put together with wood and fibre glass and is 26' and weight is over 8000 lbs.
98 Mountain Aire 34' 210 Cummins Puller and 2001 dodge dully with all the toy's, 400 + hp pullin a 2001 32.5' Okanogan 5th wheel, new to us after 5 yrs with the 28' Travel Aire. Lots of fun.

Bemota
Explorer
Explorer
camp-n-family wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
If you are handy, older RVs are possible. Just donโ€™t expect the older RV to be trouble free or easy to repair. Possible but not easy.

Donโ€™t expect a new one to be trouble free either.

I have a โ€˜18 Cedar Creek, 17,000 mi. And am still chasing gremlins every trip, drawers, doors, reefer, furnace, shackles, brakes, sewer, you name it Iโ€™ve worked on it. Warranty is Non existent, itโ€™s an adventure ! Dan
2017 Dodge Ram Big Horn 3500 HD Cummins
2018 Cedar Creek 34RL2
Navy CPO Retired, Jan (DW), and Ziggy (Cat)

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
If you are handy, older RVs are possible. Just donโ€™t expect the older RV to be trouble free or easy to repair. Possible but not easy.

Donโ€™t expect a new one to be trouble free either.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Which one does your wife have her heart set on? If the answer is neither, I would continue looking.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 2001 35 ft avalon RK that we sold because of our age. It was a wonderful rv for our 6 months winter stays in AZ. Now because of my wife having issues because nothing sits in our driveway we have something smaller and ????? Hope to be back in Az. chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

mike-uswest
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 1994 26', and that was the best RV that I ever had. I was able to get parts for the working parts that I needed. They were a well built trailer.

Mike
2019 Ram 2500 TCD, 4X4,
Arctic Fox 25Y 30'

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad