cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outdoor kitchen door problem

boatmanea
Explorer
Explorer
The outdoor kitchen door on my Jayco Eagle 38.5BHTS has a problem. The hydraulic arm attachment has ripped out of the door panel so I only have one hydraulic arm left attached (on the other side.) I have tried liquid nail and additional/longer screws, but those only last a little while before ripping out as well. It looks like there may even be a little water damage? to the wood inside the panel that led to this happening. I've since resealed the edges with caulk.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Can this be fixed with screws or bolts through the panel, silicone caulk to seal it up, and a metal plate on either side "sandwiching" the door panel? Should I just order a new door panel?

Pictures attached on my post on the Jayco Owner's Forum:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6/outdoor-kitchen-door-panel-problem-60781.html#post681772
4 REPLIES 4

lightfoot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Be sure that the mounts on the door are at the same point. If they are not equal it will put extra pressure on one of them when opening/closing the door. We had the same thing happen to one of our previous trailers due to the manufacture not putting the brackets at the same distance from the top of the door.
USN EN2
2012 Ford F250 SC, 6.7L TD
2015 Voltage 3200
2004 Honda GL1800 Reverse Trike

boatmanea
Explorer
Explorer
Going to try the Hatchlift kit x2 (fixing the other side before it breaks.) I'll post if it doesn't work. Thanks all!

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would through bolt it with a backer plate or large washers on the inside. I would do the same with the other side that has not pulled out (yet!).
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
I would attach with screws and an adhesive caulk or silicon a metal plate to where it detached and then reattach to the new metal plate. They actually make specific plates for this but I couldn't tell you what they are called but you can easily make your own.

Edit I found it http://www.hatchlift.com/

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel