cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page AZ

Stude55Dog
Explorer
Explorer
When our trailer brake issues get resolved we are headed to Page AZ to ride our Polaris SXS in that area. Looking for boondocking spots that we can ride to No Grand Canyon area. Also RV parks for our 39ft toyhauler and GMC long bed. After Page AZ we will head to Chico, Ca to see kids and grandbabies. Thanks ahead for your thoughts and suggestions.
7 REPLIES 7

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
Went to High School in Page.
Lots of riding around that area.
No access to Grand Canyon.
Wahweap campground is great and awesome view of the lake.
Going to be chilly this time of year.
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

boogie_4wheel
Explorer
Explorer
There is no direct access to the North Rim from Page by dirt, at least not easily. It would be a full day trip on a bike (running faster speeds than a SxS).

Boondock north of Page where there is BLM, nothing easily accessible south of Page in the Rez.

Lone Rock (pay to get in) gets you some beachfront camping, and a place to ride.
For free, look at 'Seismograph' directly across from Greenhaven (unincoporated establishment on the east side of 89 right on the az/ut line). There is a pullout with a half paved road heading NW. Park where it turns to dirt. From there you can head west to the old bunker, then work your way south toward Lee's Ferry to the cliffs. From there you get a birds eye of Lee's Ferry (no water access, you are ~1000' above.

Also boondock at or just east of Big Water just across the creek (road NP-230). Tons of riding at "The Moon" and this gets you to Alstrom Point overlooking Gunsight Butte (worth the trip).

For North Rim access, you can boondock just about anywhere in the Kaibab Forest. Used to hunt south of Jacob Lake. I recommend the "3 Lakes" and "Mile and a Half" area, accessed be road 212 approx 9mi south of Jacob Lake. It is cold up there now, so plan/think about camping up there. Nothing stopping you from leaving the trailer and just doing a day trip from Page, or even from Kanab/Fredonia.

I'm sure more will come to me... It's hard to beat Lone Rock (sandy), or Wahweap (hookups). Either will cost you to get into the park, but you can ride at Lone Rock.
2005 2500 Cummins/48RE/3.73, QCLB, 4wd, BigHorn, Edge Juice w/ CTS + Turbo Timer,Transgo Shift Kit ISSPro Oil and LP pressure gauges, GDP 20/2 filters, Custom Diesel Steering Box Brace
'10 Forest River Shockwave Toy Hauler 21'
Honda EU3000I Genny

seagrace
Explorer
Explorer
I think you are gonna have trouble getting to the Grand Canyon from Page on dirt, there is a huge reservation in the way. You should check with the Navajo Nation to see if they allow access. Otherwise, you could cross at the Marble Canyon Bridge using 89A, then go west toward Jacob Lake and just before you climb up the hills, find Buffalo Ranch Road going south. This will take you pretty close to the North Rim area and still outside of the park.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
I know a lot of dry camping areas around Lake Powell, but not any with easy access to Grand Canyon. For hook ups in Page there is Page Lake Powell CG, and of course Wahweap Marina on the lake. Both will fit your rig easily.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Havent been to north side but did spend time at Cinder Hills near Flagstaff. Great boondocking orv area, large pines, deep cinder in places, huge hills, miles of easy forest trails. If you go in about a mile there is an open area around the info board, walk the area to check ground conditions. Lots of shade or open area that is a little looser.

Stude55Dog
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks have looked at all those sites just looking for someone who might have had personal experience at a site or area. Thanks

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Look at freecampsites.net and Campendium. I also use rvparky