cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Park Sewer Connection Unusual

kangetx
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if anyone has seen a park sewer connection that isn't at a 90 degree angle. The park PVC sewer connection is laying at about 22 degrees, pointed towards the front of the lot. I've been looking for a straight bayonet connector rather than the 90 degree, but can't find anything except a 3", and the park has the standard 4" pipe.
8 REPLIES 8

kangetx
Explorer
Explorer
I appreciate all the replies, there is a threaded connection that we’ve attached to but it just looks wrong. All the sites are like this, wonder what they were thinking.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Pangaea Ron wrote:
The worst connection that I have experienced was at Ocean City State Park near Ocean Shores, WA.

It was a 90 degree cast iron elbow that terminated horizontally and was centered about 8" above the ground. It was nearly impossible to get a seal

The rangers said that they needed to do that because of the seasonal flooding and they didn't want the septic system to flood.

Most of the CG's in Washington that havent been updated have those danged things.
It can be a real challenge to connect securely to them.
I use PressTofit sewer hoses and just jamb them down into the 90.

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
The worst connection that I have experienced was at Ocean City State Park near Ocean Shores, WA.

It was a 90 degree cast iron elbow that terminated horizontally and was centered about 8" above the ground. It was nearly impossible to get a seal

The rangers said that they needed to do that because of the seasonal flooding and they didn't want the septic system to flood.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Those are normally used for cleanouts to run snakes thru to clear blockages. Is there not a "normal" one hidden nearby? Under rocks or in the grass? Behind the power pedestal?

If it is not threaded, about the only thing you can do is use a donut with the sewer hose 90 degree fitting turned to the side and a hefty rock to hold it tight enough to not drip, too much, as noted above.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most connectors have threads, the bayonet should screw in. Heck we are in a host site where the connection is horizontal, simply screw the bayonet in.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
Sure, not uncommon at all. Usually at older, more rustic, parks. Often come up at about the angle of a typical cleanout fitting.

Never had an issue connecting to them. Either use the threaded connector, or if it won't work, just remove it and stick the hose in there. Pile rocks around to keep it in place if needed.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Calls for a donut and a concrete block or you could ask the wife to put her foot on it.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Huh. Strangely, just today I did battle with a 22 degree offset sewer connection. But mine points towards the road, not the front of the RV. It overflowed while I was dumping. Sewage. Ick. But, the sand surround sucked it up pretty quickly and once I slowed down the flow (which I've only had to do a few times in 13 years of full timing), I was able to get the tanks emptied.

Than I took a bucket of bleach infused water and dumped it all around the wet spot. Killed the smell immediately.

No fix other than contacting the park groundskeeper for the overflow. As far as connecting? Nothing to it in my case since it's all sand.

Can't you dig a bit out so you can wedge your connector in there?
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.