cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Power retractable 50A powercord

Ryanjb01
Explorer
Explorer
Wondering if anyone has ever installed a power retractable power cord on a fifth wheel before. If yes, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance

I may want to look at getting one for the water too.
2018 GMC 3500 Denali Crew Cab Dually Duramax/Allison ๐Ÿ™‚
2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 35QB4
Ryan, Marsha, Alyssa and Emily

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" ~ Thomas Edison
6 REPLIES 6

rgreengas
Explorer
Explorer
Got one on my 2014 Landmark. They put it at the back of the coach in a purpose built compartment. Not sure you would be able to do that as a retrofit. But if you could, or if you put one elsewhere, you are gonna love it.

mark5w
Explorer
Explorer
Hand powered one: Reel
'13 2018 JAYCO EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS- '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension

Pete_k
Explorer
Explorer
The Reel is not that big on my Heartland Landmark. And after having it, you can bet I will never do without it again.
I know I ran up on a thread last year. Someone did what your looking at. If I can find it again will post the link. As they did a great job of showing how it was done with pics in the writeup.
Pete
2022 Ram Big Horn DRW
2016 Eagle Cap 1200
2012 Landmark Key Largo
2005 Chevy Kodiak c5500 Cummins 5.9/Allison Trans

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
Seems like that would take up too much room. ๐Ÿ™‚
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

netjam
Explorer
Explorer
Our 11 Escalade came with one. The thing I like is the cord is really flexible (unlike my previous 5er with the "stiff as a board" cord).

TNSnowbirds
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2014 Bighorn 3585 has the retractable 50A power cord. If you have a Bighorn dealer closeby, you could check it out there. It sure makes it easy.
2014 Bighorn
2006 GMC 3500 DuraMax
2008 Harley Ultra Classic
Retired USAF CSMgt EOD
"EOD, ain't that a bunch"