cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quad Steps

heaterswa
Explorer
Explorer
My Durango currently has 3 steps and the drop after the bottom stair is usually large. I was looking to go to quad steps and liked the Lippert aluminum steps. My Durango has a 27.5" opening and the best I can find is these will not work:
Lippert Quad 432698 AL Step

Their documentation is rather poor for the dimensions.

The Elkhart seems like it would be a better fit and they are showing their dimensional prints:
Elkhart Tool S-1424-ALUM Quad Step

Anyone have thoughts or preferences here?
Thanks,
Bryan
Me, Wife, 3 daughters, and a woof woof
TV: 06 GMC 2500HD D/A SLT 4WD / Prodigy / Reese Signature 18K
FW: 07 KZ Durango 315BH / Fifth Airborne / Sidewinder / JT Strong Arm Stabilizers
15 REPLIES 15

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
We’ve also had MORryde solid steps with Lift Assist for 4yrs and ~50k miles (travel ~1/2 time). We also have never had a problem not being able to extend them. If you have to store your camper in a tight lot they may be an issue, but our in the ‘wild’ I wouldn’t worry about it. We’re very happy with them.
Ron & Pat
2022 F350 Lariat CCSB SRW Diesel
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK

I’ve had the Morryde Step Above for 7 years or so and have NEVER NOT Been able to lower them… Not once have they been an issue
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote:
From what I've read, the GlowSteps are a better solution for the mobility challenged than the Solid Steps. But you sure pay a premium for them. I never did see any issues with the standard pull out steps, but I did put Quad Steps on in place of the three step OEM on our previous trailer. That last step was a lulu. 🙂

I had problems with my knees bothering me after loading, unloading, winterizing etc. with the factory steps. Much better with the Torklift Revolution steps.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I guarantee the Lippert step is bouncy at the bottom step.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
SCAMAZON

Elkhart Tool RV Motorhome Camper Trailer 24" Quad Step / 27" Drop/Foldaway Aluminum Steps
Brand: Elkhart Tool
4.3 out of 5 stars 44 ratings
$384.99
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
OP, buy the Elkhart Industries steps. NO compromising with these and they are ROCK SOLID!!! 200# on bottom step and only 1/2" deflection. They are TOP quality and the ribbed aluminum surface plus the no skid strip make them virtually no slip.

I was offered to test GloSteps for free and keep them upon completion of my report but politely declined as I am so impressed with these.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
From what I've read, the GlowSteps are a better solution for the mobility challenged than the Solid Steps. But you sure pay a premium for them. I never did see any issues with the standard pull out steps, but I did put Quad Steps on in place of the three step OEM on our previous trailer. That last step was a lulu. 🙂
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote:
humblerb wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Flip a coin and buy the ones that fit. 🙂 Just stay away from the ones that fold up into the doorway. Those suck big time.

We love ours. They are adjustable in length and very sturdy.
I clean them with a broom/shop vac prior to folding them up.
If they are wet due to rain, we clean as much water off as we can, then put towels inside to soak up the drips.
Clean up floors when we get it back in storage.
You may love them, but the first time you can't get into your trailer because you can't put the steps down, for one reason or another, you will have a few choice words to say.

My Glowsteps stick out about 10” further than my factory steps, but they can be used when partially extended pretty easily.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Heck of a note, you have to remove your steps to get into the camper, which you need the steps to do. How very handy. 🙂 Mine have to be unbolted to remove, how very convenient. I have 'em, and hate 'em, have to adjust at every stop, move the camper if the grounds too close. Nope, I'll take the fold-out steps every time.

If you need them for mobility problems, they may be necessary, but they're still a pain.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

R12RTee
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
humblerb wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Flip a coin and buy the ones that fit. 🙂 Just stay away from the ones that fold up into the doorway. Those suck big time.

If they are wet due to rain, we clean as much water off as we can, then put towels inside to soak up the drips.
You may love them, but the first time you can't get into your trailer because you can't put the steps down, for one reason or another, you will have a few choice words to say.

The steps can be removed easily by pulling two pins which pretty much destroys your argument.
2021 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA
2021 Ram 6.7 HO

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
Hammerboy wrote:
Another option is the Torklift Glostep. We have these and love them. A solid step that stores outside. I also would avoid the kind that flip inside the rig.

Dan

X2
Had mine for 4 years and they work perfect. Easy to open when in a crowded rest area next to the large trucks.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
humblerb wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

humblerb
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
Another option is the Torklift Glostep. We have these and love them. A solid step that stores outside. I also would avoid the kind that flip inside the rig.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel