cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

"Storage"

jamsvet
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know if this is the right place for this question, but here goes. My wife and I bought an Alfa 35RLIK and had it placed on a lot that we purchased at Outdoor Resorts Palm Springs. We are wondering what others have done in terms of leaving it there throughout the summer. We plan on visiting it every couple of weeks or so and spending a few days. We live in San Diego so it's not too far.

Should we leave a refrigerator running? Should we pull the slides in? Should we leave the roof vents or windows Open? Cracked? Due to the PS heat, anything special we should do? Questions, questions. Hopefully we can get some helpful advice here. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

HD_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
I would also myself bring the slides in when I am not there to help keep any critters out, turn the fridge off why have it running when you are not there shortening it life span, install some maxi vents and open the vents to allow air circulation, disconnect the battery to prevent drainage, and close the blinds to help keep the sun out and keep the inside temperature down.
2000 Volvo 420, 370 ISM Cummins,
10 Speed, Single Axle
2001 5th Wheel HR Presidential SKT 36.5

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Talking Palm Springs summer...110 is not unusual.
Cover the tires
Leave a roof vent open with fantastic fan running
Put some reflective material in the windows.

(call ahead and have someone turn the air conditioner on BEFORE you arrive...:))
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

jamsvet
Explorer
Explorer
She's in Palm Springs, so hot, Hot, HOT. And Super low humidity.

wkswenson
Explorer
Explorer
If it were me... (don't know the specifics about your weather...)

- Bring all slides in any time I am not there ... only to minimize exposure to the roofs/slide toppers.
- Depending on the moisture levels expected - leave a window or two open a crack.
- If not returning for a couple of weeks I would shut down the fridge. (If power goes out the fridge will switch over to propane - I don't trust these absorption fridges for too long without supervision.)
- If it is a high humidity environment maybe a dehumidifier.

just my thoughts and opinions...
Walter & Donna Swenson
2013 Cedar Creek 38FL - Front Living, Trail Air
2011 Dodge RAM 3500 6.7 CTD DRW CC LB
Our Website - "A Work in Progress"