cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

raising ride height

rosewood1
Explorer
Explorer
i have a 2007 mobile suite which rides a little nose high. i have lowered the hitch and raised the pinbox all i can and i noticed onother set of holes in the spring mount which would certainly help this situation. does anyone know of someone who has done this? thanks.
9 REPLIES 9

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
rosewood1 wrote:
my springs are under the axle. i am also trying to raise th rear of the trailer because we do mostly mission trips in our rig and sometimes the places we go tend o dag in the rear.

Several companies make "axle flip" kits. The one piece of advice that I've seen more than anything with them is to weld the spring perches in place on the axle as some have reported the perches slipping. Wish I'd done that on my old Komfort. I'd have no issues with putting the spings into the lower holes on the hangers, if you need to. Also, if you're going to have things apart, make =sure= you check the spring bolts and bushings. Even if there's no real wear, you'd be best served to install a wet bolt kit that has heavier spring shackles, bronze bushings and greasable bolts.

A quick check, and an axle flip kit is < $90 most places and wet bolt kit is < $125.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
rosewood1 wrote:
my springs are under the axle. i am also trying to raise th rear of the trailer because we do mostly mission trips in our rig and sometimes the places we go tend o dag in the rear.

Did that on a prior rig and worked fine for towing.

One item to check for is the stabalizers. Just had the standard sizzor style which worked fine and felt very stable. Then after raising it, the trailer felt all wobbly when inside, so you may need to upgrade to strongarms or something similar. Also, may need a stool to put under the steps.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Watch your height when you raise your rig. You might leave your AC's behind one day.
Puma 30RKSS

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Congrats on the new rig!
I raised my last TT that way and used it for years without issue. I'd do it again if needed.

rosewood1
Explorer
Explorer

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
If I was going to do anything, I would get new, longer u- bolts and taller blocks that go between the axles and springs. This will raise your camper, but will also raise your center of gravity. Most of the 5th wheels that I see are running a little nose high. So depending on how much yours is off Iโ€™d leave it as is.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Describe a LITTLE nose high. My FW is in lowest hitch setting, and about an inch or so nose high, depending how I am loaded. While I also have an option of raising the trailer, by using lower spring holes, IMO, would not be worth the bother, and could weaken the hanger due to more length, and less support.

Hole space is 2"s lower, but just on outside ends. It would likely lift the entire trailer an inch or so. A FW should tow just fine, with a slight nose high. Many tow too much nose high, and can add weight to rear trailer axle, and may cause bouncing/chucking.

Jerry

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I got new wheels and a taller tire for my RV.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Likes_to_tow
Explorer II
Explorer II
You must be pulling with a 4 wheel drive vehicle? I've heard of flipping the springs of the trailer to the top side of the axle