cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rear stabilizer motor

DRSmart
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2011 Montana has the electric motor driven rear stabilizer with two pads that come down to the ground. The assembly is Lippert and the motor is made in India. We recently had the motor refurbished due to internal corrosion. The head of the assembly contains a gear reduction set. During the refurbishing, one of the gears went missing. Oh no!!! I'm trying to locate a replacement gear.

Gear pack image

The missing gear slides down onto the small shaft seen in the right side picture and mates with the spline gear on the drive motor.

I will try Lippert as well but they probably want to sell the motor complete. If someone has replaced their motor and may still have the old one, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dave
2014Dodge 3500, 2WD, 6.7 Cummins
Crew cab SB Aisin trans, Firestone Air Bags
Line-X, Pullrite 16K Superglide
2020 Jayco North Point 315RLTS
19 REPLIES 19

wantabe351
Explorer
Explorer
The motor comes apart easy,but when rusted like mine was. WD40 and hours time with a good small wire brush and motor is fixed...it was completly filled with rust and some water,which locked up the motor...so once cleaned up and back in the stablizer worked fine...
[purple]Rich & Andrea
[/purple] Semi-Retired
2022 Ram2500 6.4 CC

2019Keystone,Impact26v-TH,solarpower

,Lithium Batt.. all to take our 2012 Yamaha FJR along to ride..

miaoreo
Explorer
Explorer
Hi new here, but I wanted you to know that the information on the Lippert stabilizer motor is good and still valid.

Ours failed this month on our 2011 Jayco, the dealer wanted $320.00 for a replacement motor plus freight and sales tax! I contacted the VERY NICE people at Klauber Gear, sent them a few photos and they promptly responded saying that yes, the K01285C800 is the motor I need and it is still $140 plus shipping and the $12 COD fee. The phone number for Klauber is 636-257-3002 or you can email them at sales@Klaubergear.com.

The second part of this scenario that was not covered previously was the switch to extend and lower the jacks. In trying to diagnose the problem my DH removed the switch and it fell apart. Again the DEALER wanted $40 for this item! I contacted the manufacturer (Sigma) who put me in contact with their distributer. http://www.burnstines.com/electrical/switches?manufacturer=96
You can buy the switch direct from Burnstines' for $12.95. The Sigma part number is 260S-1BB-NNNX. $40 INDEED!

Anyway Thanks to the members who posted the original information!

Mia

DRSmart
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you 45 ACP. I don't know how you sourced this information but am certainly glad you did. This is a common failure on many makes of fifth wheel trailers.

Dave

45_ACP
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone,

I just went through replacement of this motor and Google led me to this older thread on RV.net:

Prior motor discussion

Since that thread is long since closed, I wanted to post an update here in this more recent one for anyone else now or in the future that needs sourcing help like I did. Hope no one minds.

For anyone looking to replace the motor on Lippert Stabilizer Kit 113407, the Klauber Machine and Gear P/N K01285-C800 is a DIRECT replacement.

While Klauber does not show this motor on their webpage, I assure you the part number is valid and available. Company contact information is here

My 5'er had the “Made in India” motor mentioned earlier (Mfg stamp of "Prabha"), but no part number stamped or printed on it anywhere. I poked around their corporate website and while I found a rear stabilizer jack system that looks suspiciously like the Lippert system (complete with similarly worded marketing material), I didn’t find a motor. Besides, I wasn’t interested in ordering from outside the U.S.

In my case, it looks like the road spray during wet weather penetrated the assembly in a manner similar to what DRSmart described. However, since I literally poured water out of the casing (!!!), I decided replacement was a better option than rebuild.

Lippert was kind enough to direct me to this page on their website for a replacement motor. While Lippert’s $315 price tag has certainly come down from the originally reported price of $530, it was still too high for my taste.

The price from Klauber you ask?

$140

That’s not a typo.

Klauber was *VERY* prompt in their communication with me and shipped the motor the very next business day after I ordered it. One caveat with doing business with them is that they will ONLY ship COD. I don’t know why, but frankly I don’t care. I got a replacement motor delivered to my house in less than 7 days for $171.50.

It installed very quickly with all the original mounting hardware. I sealed a couple of areas with silicone, specifically the hole in the boot where the wire bundle exits, the area where the boot mates up with the back of the housing, and over the top of the paper sealing gasket along the circumference of the housing. Unless water penetrates through the drive shaft (unlikely), I don’t see a similar problem in the future.

Anyhow, I hope this helps someone either now or later on down the line.
2012 Ford F-350 6.7L 4x4 Lariat CC DRW
A 2008-2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus is in our future...

DRSmart
Explorer
Explorer
JimandMary wrote:
I have a rear stabilizer motor with a burnt motor that came off my 2013 SilverBack. I only lowered the jacks twice. ,So it's relatively new. If you don't get anywhere with Lippert, I'll ship the whole unit to you..

Jim

Hey Jim. The gear arrived and it fit like a glove. I'm going to de-grease all the gears, and use
a nice synthetic grease on them and seal it all up. It should last forever now. Thank you, thank
you, thank you.

Dave

tj9267inIndy
Explorer
Explorer
I too have (or at least had) a Lippert motor for my rear stabilizers on my 2012 Montana. Somewhere between Charleston, SC and Sevierville, TN it fell off. Metal fatigue is all I can figure out because even though there are some rough sections of Interstate highway between the two places, it should have been secure enough to weather them. Did not have any road hazards that were run over, so it's kind of a mystery. I fortunately purchased an extended service warranty that I hope will pay for the replacement of it as they are indeed expensive. To the tune of $300 plus. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow for replacement...hopefully. Stay tuned.
Tom Jackson
2012 Keystone Montana 3700RL
2015 Chevrolet 2500 Crewcab Duramax Diesel (awesome truck)

DRSmart
Explorer
Explorer
AZ T&T. Sent you a PM.

Jim. Just wanted to thank you here on the forum.

Jim came through and has sent the needed gear my way. Great forum, great people willing to help.

Dave

DRSmart
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Jim. I sent you a PM.

Dave

JimandMary
Explorer
Explorer
I have a rear stabilizer motor with a burnt motor that came off my 2013 SilverBack. I only lowered the jacks twice. ,So it's relatively new. If you don't get anywhere with Lippert, I'll ship the whole unit to you..

Jim

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the feed back. I am sliding under mine tomorrow to do some application of sealer.

DRSmart
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks AZ T&T. Never thought to ask them as the fiver is a 2011. I sent their warranty department an email and will let you know their response.

Dave

AZ_T_T
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same motor go bad on a 2 year old rig. I contacted lipert and they sent me a new motor. All they asked was after receiving the new motor, is that I send them the new motor.

It might be worth a try. I couldn't believe how much the replacement motors are!!
AZ T&T
2012 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 29.5RKS
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch - Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
Honda EU2000i Generator

DRSmart
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Dave. The moisture likely gets in from road spray while towing in wet weather conditions.

Removing the motor was a bit of a problem for me as the four small mounting bolts had some corrosion on them. I had to drill out two of them. Once removed there is a rubber casing over the motor housing that I was able to slide off without damaging it. There was some adhesive holding it on. Remove the two end bolts that hold the motor housing together. Then slide the housing off to expose the armature. The moisture was entering where the housing separates. This caused the small springs holding the commutator brushes to rust. One of the springs was dissolved.
When I refurbished the motor, I sealed it during re-assembly using silicone. You may have to replace the springs and brushes. A local electric motor repair shop had what I needed.

Dave

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
DrSmart, if you can tell us where the corrosion issue stems from. If it is like a bad seal, we can caulk it up before it corrodes. :h