cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing solid steps with folding steps

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Has anyone done this? I can't find any threads on rv.net about this. I was given a brand new set of Glowstep Revolution steps to install on my older FW, but would gladly take them with me if they'll fit my next FW. Personally, the ONLY good thing about the stupid solid steps is the stability, and the Revolution, among other folding steps, can give you the same without the cons of the stupid solid steps.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member
29 REPLIES 29

Samsonsworld
Explorer
Explorer
laknox wrote:
the fact still remains that I would not be able to, like thousands of others, access my rig in my current storage (that I paid to build) without hooking it up, pulling up the jacks and pulling it forward 25' so the d@mn steps could go down so I could get in.

This was my problem as well. Torklift GlowSteps fixed it.

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
Cleaning the Mor-Ryde steps is no big deal. Neither is adjusting them. And they are solid when deployed. No bounce.
The only issue I see with them is deploying them in a tight space. Since we full time, we are never in a space that tight.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, the wider steps are nice, but the fact still remains that I would not be able to, like thousands of others, access my rig in my current storage (that I paid to build) without hooking it up, pulling up the jacks and pulling it forward 25' so the d@mn steps could go down so I could get in. For virtually ALL mfrs to jump on these stupid steps so hard, without even offering them as optional for the first couple of years, tells me that whoever they're buying them from must have been virtually giving them away for a year or two to get everyone to change literally overnight. The ONLY way that would even make them tolerable, to me, would be if they'd make a version that telescoped down to a shorter length to avoid the issue of not being able to deploy them while in storage.

I did see a set yesterday, that looks like it would help, not cure, with one issue, and that's dumping water and trash inside when you stow the steps. I =think= they were MorRide, but not 100% sure. The steps actually flipped over so you can dump them outside, and it also makes the steps slightly more "shallow" when stowed. Still have the major issue of them being too long to deploy in storage.

Lyle
1936 John Deere Model A

wvcampers
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2018 Cardinal has the new style Moryde steps. I wanted to replace them with the folding aluminum old style step. The camper does have the brackets needed, but they are about 1" to narrow to install the same width steps as the Moryde steps. so the brackets would have to be moved or go to a much narrower step. For now I have abandoned the idea.
2017 F350 6.7 CC Lariat DRW
2018 Cardinal Luxury Edition 3250 RLX

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
So far, I still haven't got an answer to my initial question. Has anyone replaced the stupid solid steps with OLD SCHOOL UNDER BODY folding steps?

Lyle
1936 John Deere Model A

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
MFL wrote:
^ Your welcome...pictures are nice, but you need to do things in order of importance, for sure.

Thanks for the help on the pics. Now posted!

Keeping the DW happy takes precedence over everything else, except the granddaughters. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lyle
1936 John Deere Model A

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Pictures now posted in my review thread: https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/30389555/gotomsg/30390432/p/1.cfm#30390432

Lyle
1936 John Deere Model A

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
^ Your welcome...pictures are nice, but you need to do things in order of importance, for sure.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
MFL wrote:
Lyle..easy way is to just google rv.net photo posting. It will direct you to the site, and you just need to follow directions to add your photo. It will do all else for you sizing etc. Copy what they show, and paste in your post.

I keep the photo post book marked, so always ready when needed.

Jerry

Thanks, Jerry. Won't have a chance until next week. Too much "life" going on.

Lyle
1936 John Deere Model A

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Lyle..easy way is to just google rv.net photo posting. It will direct you to the site, and you just need to follow directions to add your photo. It will do all else for you sizing etc. Copy what they show, and paste in your post.

I keep the photo post book marked, so always ready when needed.

Jerry

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
MFL wrote:
laknox wrote:
Here's the link to my review: https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/30389555.cfm

Still working on getting pics posted.

Lyle

Well Lyle, as you can see, no one has posted on your review??

I think reason being...without any pics, how do we know you even added the new steps? :@

You do know how easy it is to post pics , using rv.net photo posting?

Jerry

Actually, I spent nearly an hour using the search feature to find out how to do it, but could find nothing, not even a sticky anywhere. Can you please give me a hint? I'll be happy to do so.

Thanks,
Lyle
1936 John Deere Model A

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
laknox wrote:
Here's the link to my review: https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/30389555.cfm

Lyle

Well Lyle, as you can see, no one has posted on your review??

I think reason being...without any pics, how do we know you even added the new steps? :@

You do know how easy it is to post pics , using rv.net photo posting?

Jerry

laknox
Nomad
Nomad

Lyle
1936 John Deere Model A

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
For what it's worth, I installed the Glowsteps on my current KZ this weekend. I'll be posting a review of them in the next week, or so. So far, I'm 95% pleased with them.

Lyle
1936 John Deere Model A