cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roof Spots?

tntcrock
Explorer
Explorer
My rubber roof, I believe its epdm, is covered with spots. Had rv tech inspect it and says roof is fine and looks like got sprayed with something. I keep rv in a building but noticed these after leaving it out a few weeks on a hunting lease with lots of pine trees. I've cleaned the roof but spots stayed. The only area with no spots is between the a/c and fridge vent.
4 REPLIES 4

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II

Here is a closeup of spots on my roof. I don't think they are of concern, or that yours or mine, are affecting the integrity of the roof.

Mine was purchased new in August 2012, and this is a recent picture. It took 5-6 years before any spots showed up. I check roof caulk areas, check for any damage, on a regular basis, but roof cleaning was not a top priority.

Jerry

tntcrock
Explorer
Explorer
Added a pic to original post, it must have not linked correctly the first time.
Yes, I don't wont to damage roof trying to remove them, they look embedded. Just curious to what the issue was and that the roof integrity was still good.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
If asking a question...what do we think about the spots, you could post a pic, that would get better replies.

In my experience leaving some types of spots, is better than scouring to remove them. OTOH, some spots may come off quite easily, if using the right product.

My roof has some spots, I think are from mold/mildew, that didn't come off when using a safe epdm cleaner. Not a big deal IMHO.

Jerry

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Mold, algae?
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS