cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Route from Lebanon to NY

codeblue8399
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for some input on the best route from Nashville to NY. Traveling with ford Ford 250 pulling 30ft Montana. A couple of truck drivers advised us to take 81 to 75. Can anyone confirm??
5 REPLIES 5

radio_flyer
Explorer
Explorer
What part of Long Island are you going to. When in the NY or NJ area, do not go on any road the is marked PARKWAY with a fifth wheel. Send me a PM and I will try and talk you through the problems with roads in the area.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
40 East to 81 north. Once in PA and above Harrisburg, I think you take 78 towards NJ/NYC area. If not, stay on 81 until Scranton, then take 380 East to 80 East (Delaware Water Gap). Others will have to chime in as I'm not all that familiar which would be best for ya.

FWIW, Flying J at mm77 on 81 in VA as well as last exit in VA (Winchester). Also exit 52 in PA on 81.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

codeblue8399
Explorer
Explorer
Traveling to LongIsland - Is 81 worst an 40?

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
I hate to drive I-81, but that is probably you best choice. Where in NY?? city or upper state??
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

radio_flyer
Explorer
Explorer
Yes 81 is a good choice. We used it 2 years ago from eastern PA to Nashville with our 5th wheel.