cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV furniture

b_pilot
Explorer
Explorer
The recliners that came with our Life Style 5th wheel has this fake leather look. The material is pealing off and they look terrible. We need to replace them. Camping World doesn’t have much of a selection. Need suggestions on where to find replacement recliners and couch. We have checked the internet but my wife would like to sit on the furniture before buying. Has anyone made a trip to Elkhart to look for furniture?
27 REPLIES 27

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
We plan to purchase quality furniture from a furniture store when ours starts looking bad. RV stuff is typically less quality and higher price.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
Skip the "RV" furniture. Extremely overpriced and quality is nothing to write home about. We replaced our recliners in our LS fiver immediately with theater seating upholstered in cloth. We got it at Wayfair for $700. Sofa will be more difficult due to the depth of most sofas. That was a challenge but we found one.
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced our recliners with La-Z-Boy recliners. DO NOT buy any of the recliners below the Pinnacle series. The smaller and lighter ones are JUNK.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

SabreCanuck
Explorer
Explorer
Nobody ever said you had to buy “RV” furniture. As long as whatever you buy fits through the door in the space. Quality of the furniture is up to you to decide.
2011 GMC 2500 D-Max Denali
2015 Palomino Columbus 325RL
Our kids have 4 legs. 🙂

94-D2
Explorer
Explorer
E Trailer has furniture. I got a Thomas Pane sofa. They had a pretty good selection too.
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 6.7L, Aisin, air ride, Ram puck prep, SuperGlide 20K auto slide.
2018 Bighorn Traveler 4 slide w/Apt.

It’s not what you’ve done that commands respect, it’s what you do.

Happy Campin’

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go to some of the higher-end RV shows and look at the furniture in them, measure it, sit on it, and try it out. That's how we found recliners we liked. Turned them over to find the tags with the mfg's information on it and call them.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

morley
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry Jim-Linda great minds think alike but you guys were 1 minute quicker than mine.
2008 Topaz F254SS 26 ft.
2009 Chevy Silverado, 2500HD, Duramax, Allison Tranny, 4x4, EC
250 watt solar panel system, BlueSky controller and remote

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
The same thing happened to us when we had a fifth wheel. We found the right size online with Lazy Boy.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

morley
Explorer
Explorer
Replacing old or malfunctioning furniture is a great idea, most recliners come apart for easy access through door ways. Be very cautious about buying home furniture to make sure that it fits through your trailers door. You don’t want to have the old trying to get a sofa couch into the elevator scenario. I have heard about having to remove one of your units large windows to get things in and out . But to me that sounds like the very last resort.
2008 Topaz F254SS 26 ft.
2009 Chevy Silverado, 2500HD, Duramax, Allison Tranny, 4x4, EC
250 watt solar panel system, BlueSky controller and remote

Jim-Linda
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure you look to see if backs come off of any home furniture you are considering. Door size determines if home furniture will fit. AMHIK
Jim

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Take your measurements and go to the furniture stores in your area. You still may have to order but at least you can sit in them.
99% of the furniture in RV's is not meant for anything more than weekend and a week or tow a year use.

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
We purchased new furniture from Lampbright Custom Chairs in Topeka, IN, just South of Shipshewana. Pricey, but extremely great quality.
They are not stop and shop place as everything is made to order, so it would take two trips there, first to pick out what you wanted, then a return trip to pick it up once made.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Whatever you decide to purchase, make sure it's not bonded leather, because you'll have the same problem in the future. I suggest looking at home v. RV furniture.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD