cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sailun 637

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
just trying to find out how many people are running the sailun 637 st tires on their rigs on the factory rims. I am trying to find out what pressure people are running them at and if you have had any issues. one tire guy told me they would wear down the bead section of the alloy rim and I was just wondering if that is true.

thanks
Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100
40 REPLIES 40

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
StirCrazy wrote:
blofgren wrote:
My Sailun S637's are now 8 years old and still look like new. There is some wear on them now, but that is to be expected. I run them between 100-110 psi, but I think they may be a little overinflated. They only lose 4-5 psi over the winter as well. I have not heard of the bead issue you mentioned.

I will not hesitate to put the same ones on again, likely next year, and will likely still fetch a few bucks for these ones on CL or Marketplace.

did you get different rims as well to handle that pressure?

No, my trailer came from the factory with 110 psi rated wheels.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Proper inflation gives best ride, stopping and tire wear.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
StirCrazy wrote:
Let me add to this conversation, if your rv had a GVRW for 12400ish lbs and a pin weight of 2500 would you even go to a load range G tire. I decided to kick this down the road for a few years since I have replaced two tires in the last two years (one at the beginning of last season and one last week) and found a third that I suspect had separated so I took the other two in and got them done this morning. so, rolling down the road the weight on the tires should total around 10000 lbs which a good 10 ply is rated for 3500lbs @ 80psi. 70PSI will give me 3000lbs per tire. So as of right now I have 4 new Hercules Power ST2 tires so I am going to run these for the next season or two and decide exactly what I should go with for a tire. is the Sailun overkill? for this weight. I think for 3000lbs per tire from them I would be running at 65PSI

Steve

I have a GVWR of 14,400 with 6K axels. Loaded is just about your 12,400 with close to 3k on the pin. I'm now on 6 years with the S637s run 90-95 PSI, any more and they don't make contact across the whole tread. I don't need a G rated tire. I would have gotten another set of Bridgestone R250s but Bridgestone changed to the R238, and Michlelin Ribs were way more $$$. Anyway some time this year I'll replace with another set, and I'm running the 235/85/16 tire
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
I've been thinking about changing to a heavier duty tire and I'm considering the Sailun's. My problem is I'm not sure if the wheels on my Pinnacle have the capacity for heavier duty trailer tires. It came with 255/85/r16 Goodyear Endurance. Neither Jayco or Tredit Tire and Wheel, their supplier, could tell me exactly what I have. The wheels are 8 lug and the outside width appears to be about 8 inches. Sailun says their 235/85/r16 S637 needs a rim width of 6.5 inches. Other brands give an acceptable range of rim widths but not Sailun. I would hate to order a set and find they wouldn't work with my wheels. No information is stamped on the outside of the wheels.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
While I agree a tire can be overinflated. I am a proponent of inflating to max. pressure to give you maximum capacity and maxim margin to deal with the impact and effects of pot holes and rough roads.
Sailun's are very tough tires that can take the additional pressure and deliver additional margin and capacity
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
Factory rims โ€ฆ. My trailer came with G rated Michelins.

Iโ€™ve considered inflating them to 5psi over the inflation chart recommendation which would put me at about 70 psi, but, because Citation recommends 110 and I donโ€™t really know much about it I figured Iโ€™d follow Citationโ€™s recommendation.

Click

You are way overinflated if 70 is the real number.

I was wrong I checked the Sailun tire inflation chart again and according to it my tires should be inflated to 75 psi to carry my 3500 lbs per tire. Adding 5psi like you say would put me at 80 psi. The fact that Citation recommends 110 psi is a little surprising, but Iโ€™ve been following their recommendation for years and the tires seem to wear fairly even. I guess if I was going to drop the pressure Iโ€™d probably want to get individual tire weights.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
Let me add to this conversation, if your rv had a GVRW for 12400ish lbs and a pin weight of 2500 would you even go to a load range G tire. I decided to kick this down the road for a few years since I have replaced two tires in the last two years (one at the beginning of last season and one last week) and found a third that I suspect had separated so I took the other two in and got them done this morning. so, rolling down the road the weight on the tires should total around 10000 lbs which a good 10 ply is rated for 3500lbs @ 80psi. 70PSI will give me 3000lbs per tire. So as of right now I have 4 new Hercules Power ST2 tires so I am going to run these for the next season or two and decide exactly what I should go with for a tire. is the Sailun overkill? for this weight. I think for 3000lbs per tire from them I would be running at 65PSI

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
spoon059 wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
one tire guy told me they would wear down the bead section of the alloy rim and I was just wondering if that is true.

I'd find a new tire guy Steve. This one sounds rather foolish...

well, that's kind of what I thought. but he does sell sailun as a premium house brand so it's not as if he is against them. I was thinking, is he just trying to get my rims upgraded also? for what it's worth this isn't my regular tire guy, it's just the only place in town that had a regular replacement for my blowout in stock.
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
StirCrazy wrote:
one tire guy told me they would wear down the bead section of the alloy rim and I was just wondering if that is true.

I'd find a new tire guy Steve. This one sounds rather foolish...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
blofgren wrote:
My Sailun S637's are now 8 years old and still look like new. There is some wear on them now, but that is to be expected. I run them between 100-110 psi, but I think they may be a little overinflated. They only lose 4-5 psi over the winter as well. I have not heard of the bead issue you mentioned.

I will not hesitate to put the same ones on again, likely next year, and will likely still fetch a few bucks for these ones on CL or Marketplace.

did you get different rims as well to handle that pressure?
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
cummins2014 wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
Thanks everyone, ya I don't know about the wearing of the bead shoulders either, doesn't make sense to me unless you were really under inflated and getting movement but that still doesn't really make sense either....

I love the sailun terramax at tires on my truck and they saved me a ton of money when I change them out, to bad there an expensive option for the trailers haha.

I nearly went with Sailun Terramax this last time around , a friend ran them on his truck. He full times ,and thought they were a great tire . I may give them a shot next time around , will see how these Coopers do .

Im in the middle of putting my thirs set on, I used to run BFG all terrain ts's, but as far as I am concerned the sailun are a better tire and I get more milage out of them than I did the BFG's
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

obie311
Explorer
Explorer
I'm coming up on two years with my Sailuns. Very satisfied. No issues with the tire itself, just a slow leak around the valve stem due to internal corrosion on the inside of the factory alloy wheel.

Word to the wise... I noticed the tire store had replaced the metal valve stem with a rubber one when fixing the slow leak.

rubber valve stem is rated for 65psi max

metal valve stem is rated for 200psi max

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
StirCrazy wrote:
Thanks everyone, ya I don't know about the wearing of the bead shoulders either, doesn't make sense to me unless you were really under inflated and getting movement but that still doesn't really make sense either....

I love the sailun terramax at tires on my truck and they saved me a ton of money when I change them out, to bad there an expensive option for the trailers haha.

I nearly went with Sailun Terramax this last time around , a friend ran them on his truck. He full times ,and thought they were a great tire . I may give them a shot next time around , will see how these Coopers do .

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100