cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Say your goodbyes...FordsooperDooty is going away!

SooperDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
To all my Friends on RV.Net Forum...and you other guys too!

In early 2004, 10 years ago I became a Member of this Forum, since then I have accumulated almost 20,000 posts. And lost almost all of my hair!

My screen name in those early first years was "FordSooperDutyDieselSmoker"...a real mouthful I agree! Rumor has it that several of the Moderators Retired, developed studders or quit rather than type out my user name! 😛

So a few years later I shortened it to "FordSooperDooty"...and the Moderators rejoyced! :B

My Wife and I made many friends here as FordSooperDootyDieselSmoker and FordSooperDooty, and we enjoy everyones Virtual and Actual friendships very much. I also accumulated a lot of information and knowledge as we all certainly have done.

But as I know many of the Members here are aging considerably quicker than I am. 😛 ...I hereby take mercy and my new screen name is even easier to type out. Especially with thick bi-focals and/or our vision is getting blurrier (is that even a word?).

My 4 year old Grand Daughter and LOVE of my life came up with this!

Sincerly yours, SooperDaddy
My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen. :W
18 REPLIES 18

Yeah well,
there are a few us us who have been around since Christ walked the earth!

And I bet a very few who remember Soopers first handle, I am one of them.

I remember the fist big long ovesized hard to remember handle! I really do.

Good thing there are a few of us here who have the old guys memory!
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

Byrogie
Explorer
Explorer
There are some on this forum that you can tell who they are by reading the post, don't have to look at the handle...
You, Sir are one of those...

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
jasult wrote:
But wait ! What are you driving now SuperDaddy

Hmmmmm - and "SooperDaddy" has trouble with math!....:W

~

weathershak
Explorer
Explorer
kknowlton wrote:
Love it! I've enjoyed all your "handles." Glad it's only the name and not the person that's going away.

X2:)
Full timing it since July 2012

travelnutz
Explorer
Explorer
Children's children are the crown of old men......- Proverbs 17:6

Glad it's only 2 children levels because we have children's children's children only a couple years away now that the wedding is planned so maybe we will be exempt! They say the first one came come anytime but we sure hope not yet!

The "family's" already huge and just gained 2 more boys since December. Forget the RV's because we'd already need a couple school busses just to haul them to our reunions! We remember loading 12 of us that could go in the Allegro and driving from Michigan to Miami and taking all on a cruise only 19 years ago, but, 2 school bus loads? I don't think so...

but

It sure is fun!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Merry
Explorer
Explorer
I'd have known you anywhere :B
2014 Pleasure-Way Pursuit (B+)

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
I too thought you were retiring from the posting.... It is always nice to read your posts... Glad Your not going away !

Me too.

I guess I can get used to the new name, I suppose, if I have to.

I am old too. :):):)
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Children's children are the crown of old men......- Proverbs 17:6

You and I wear that crown with pride.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

I too thought you were retiring from the posting.... It is always nice to read your posts... Glad Your not going away !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
SooperDaddy wrote:
....But as I know many of the Members here are aging considerably quicker than I am. 😛 ...I hereby take mercy and my new screen name is even easier to type out. Especially with thick bi-focals and/or our vision is getting blurrier (is that even a word?).... Sincerly yours,....

Thank you for that!

Yep we all get blurrier as we get into our 70s but they have cataract surgery as an alternative. Mine comes up in a about a week. Otherwise it is more and more of a problem driving at night.

Trail-Mate
Explorer
Explorer
Got my Id;s Mixed Up. So not sure what he will be using.
1997 Ford F250 Extended Cab, 7.3 Diesel, 8 foot bed.
Reese 16K Hitch
(Moved into Shed) Hensley Arrow
Jordan Brake Controller, Hensley TruControl Gold Shelved.
Open Range 5th Wheel, Roamer RF392 BHS

Happy Camping !!

jasult
Explorer
Explorer
But wait ! What are you driving now SuperDaddy
Jim & Georgeanne + Lucie the beagle
"excavator" on the DieselStop.Com
1999 F350 CC LB Hydra chip
1996 F250 Powerstroke, Tony tunes, BTS trans
1995 Fleetwood Wildness 30 ft 5ver

Our Camping Pics and 5ver Album here
Our Gettysburg trip 2010
Williamsburg, Va

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
SooperDaddy wrote:
....But as I know many of the Members here are aging considerably quicker than I am. 😛 ...I hereby take mercy and my new screen name is even easier to type out. Especially with thick bi-focals and/or our vision is getting blurrier (is that even a word?).... Sincerly yours,....

Thank you for that!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
and you other guys too!

I probably fall into this category. Thanks for the update and the fact that only your name is changing and you are staying with us.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.