cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schwintek slide fox

Kevin_Todd
Explorer
Explorer
I know this has been discussed forever, but mine acts different. My large kitchen slide with the residential fridge will start moving out with both motors and sides together.after it moves out about 6 inches the left motor or the non fridge side stops but the right side with the fridge keeps moving. You can push it a little and it takes off and goes all the way. You hold the extend side of the switch after it completes and you hear the motors sinc or it sounds like they do. When I retract it does the opposite. The motors move the slide together for about 6 inches and the right side stops. You push it from the outside and it does just like the left side when extending. Takes off and it's fine the rest of the way in. You hold the retract side of the switch after it completely retracts and again you hear the motors try to sinc. I've tried the sinc procedure moving in and out a few inches probably 100 times but nothing changes. The rails, screws, everything looks good to me.
Kevin and Beth Todd
2016 Jayco Pinnacle 38 FLSA
2019 Ram 3500 Longhorn
1 REPLY 1

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Do you know if you have the standard motors or the high torque motors in the slide? I had the high torque motors put in mine and it did work better but overall, the Schwintek system is a major PITA on most slide rooms except for the fairly small rooms.

If the room and opening are not fairly square and plumb, they can have issues.

One solution is to go to the Vroom Slide System. It is about $3000 per room but is a much better design. They are booked several months out right now.

Vroom

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot