cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEWER HOSE STORAGE

Armand_C
Explorer
Explorer
On our previous fifth wheel, we stored our sewer hose inside the rear bumper which kept it away from the other items that we had. When we bought our new Reflection RV by Grand Design, I noticed that it does not have a rear bumper. The storage compartment is kinda small and I'm not fond of storing the sewer hose along with our other items. I was wondering what other folks do who don't have a rear bumper, where do you store your sewer hose?
2021 Grand Design Reflection
25 REPLIES 25

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Armand_C wrote:
Thanks ROBWNY, I just looked underneath the rig and saw that there was a factory sewer hose storage underneath. I didn't see it because it was way under the rig by the axle and doesn't come to the edge of the trailer. I actually had to get on my hands and knees to see it, which means im gonna have to do the same when using it :(. My Rhinoflex hose barely fits inside, but I can't have the attachments on the hose because they wont fit in the tube. Also, I can only fit one 10' length of hose inside so I'm going to have to build another tube. I really like Barney's design. Which brings up a question for Barney, how did you attach it to the bottom of the rig?
I can fit two 10 ft sections into the one on my Reflection - not sure why you can't. If you don't want to build something Etrailer.com has several options.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

rsgs
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
Here is what I did for mine. I made three of them. One for myself, and one for each my two sons who also have RV's.
Got all the supplies at Lowe's

The far end of the trough is open so it can be used as a hose support if needed.
Barney

Outstanding idea and workmanship!

John and Robyn
Penny (Brittany)
·2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD SRW 4x4 Crew LB
·2004 Fleetwood/Prowler Regal Extreme Edition 2952 Bunk
-2005 Forest River 28RK

[img][/img]

Housted
Explorer III
Explorer III
When I converted our 5er to 50 amp I was left with a nice little outside compartment where the 30 amp cord was stored.
Added 3 small round vents to the door. It holds 2 10s and a 5 easily.

Housted
2019 Forrest River Forrester 3051S 2014 Honda CRV toad.
1000 W Solar, converted to 50 amp
400 Amps of LiFePO4,3000 Watt Inverter, Refer converted with JC refrigeration unit, Sofa replaced with 2 swivel chairs, over cab bed converted to TV mount and storage

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Armand_C wrote:
BarneyS wrote:
Here is what I did for mine. I made three of them. One for myself, and one for each my two sons who also have RV's.

The far end of the trough is open so it can be used as a hose support if needed.
Barney

Man that's a beautiful job you did! I think I'm gonna do that for the second length of hose. I can't tell what the mats you used are though.

I used these 5x5 inch vinyl fence posts from Lowes.

Used these gutter lengths for the trough.

Used these gutter end pieces to close the one end of the trough. Fastened them on with 2 pop rivets in the slanted part and hot melt glue on the sides. Left the other end open so it could be used as a hose support when needed.

Used these end caps which are held on via a 6 inch long bolt and wing nut. Never had one come loose while traveling. Hardest thing is getting it through the hole in the bottom, especially if you are in a hurry!

I pop riveted a galvanized pipe strap to the end cap to hold the tray in place. The bolt goes through this and then through the bottom hole of the tube and cap. Holds the whole thing together very well.

Finally, I used some thin bar stock to bend and make brackets (which you can see in the one on the right side of the picture )to hold the whole thing to the bottom of the trailer and I fastened the whole thing up with self tapping metal bolts into the frame on each side. My sons both put theirs on the rear bumper held on with heavy zip ties.

These were very easy to make and have held up for quite a few years and many miles of travel. They are still on the trailer today. 🙂
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
Our HitchHiker had a separate exterior compartment with a mesh bottom to hold the sewer hose. Loved it! Wish that all manufacturers would put one of these in.

After using a tub in the basement on our new Vilano a couple years ago I cut a door into the skirt and build a similar storage compartment for the hose.
Ron & Pat
2022 F350 Lariat CCSB SRW Diesel
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
ksbowman wrote:
garyp4951 wrote:
I have a rubber maid tote with three 15' hoses, and all sewer attachments 🙂

X2:)

I don't want my stinky slinky in an interior storage space, nor and part of the system, this includes the basement.
I went with the 5" Vinyl fence post full 8' length. I have the 2 10' rhino hose sections, a clear 45 degree elbow and the 90 degree at the park fitting. All outside of the interior of the 5er.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
garyp4951 wrote:

X2:)

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Like another poster, I too have a plastic tote that used to house the sewer stuff. Now, I use the factory tube under the coach near docking station and have a 20' in its w/clear elbow, 1-10' w/ clear elbow and (I think) another 20' hose in tote w/ rest of sewer items. As for the question about long hose storage, you could always add an additional tube under the coach. Next purchase will be Rhino hoses.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
RobWNY wrote:
I just bought a 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS. It has a hitch receiver and no bumper. It came with a sewer hose tube already attached underneath just about at the mid point near the sewer discharge tube. Are you sure yours doesn't have one?

I have the 2017 GD Reflection and that is where mine is as well BUT it will only accommodate ONE Rhinoflex hose as it is very short. These holders come in two lengths Grand Design to save a few bucks chose the less expensive short one.

I want to replace or add a holder but my health is preventing me from getting underneath my 5th wheel. If I ever get my health back I'd love to do what Barney did for his. For now a have a separate plastic bin with locking lid that holds my elbow and 2nd hose and keep it in the storage compartment.

Dave
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

Armand_C
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks ROBWNY, I just looked underneath the rig and saw that there was a factory sewer hose storage underneath. I didn't see it because it was way under the rig by the axle and doesn't come to the edge of the trailer. I actually had to get on my hands and knees to see it, which means im gonna have to do the same when using it :(. My Rhinoflex hose barely fits inside, but I can't have the attachments on the hose because they wont fit in the tube. Also, I can only fit one 10' length of hose inside so I'm going to have to build another tube. I really like Barney's design. Which brings up a question for Barney, how did you attach it to the bottom of the rig?

Armand_C
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:

Barney

Man that's a beautiful job you did! I think I'm gonna do that for the second length of hose. I can't tell what the mats you used are though.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
time2roll wrote:
5" vinyl fence post mounted under holds mine.

X2 or more, 5” not 4” with caps 8’ long holds two 10’ sections of hose and connection elbows.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
Dump stations are filthy. I like having the hose and all its fittings in their own dedicated space outside any of the compartments. I don't want to set a bucket or tote on the ground around the dump station and then place it back into the basement. Everything fits in the fence post cover carrier.
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III