Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shorter luxury fifth wheel

Bachus
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All
D.W. and I are looking to downsize now that the kids have lost interest in spending time with us camping. We are looking forward to spending some time in some State Parks. We want a well made fifth wheel that is under 34', pin to bumper. Seems like all the high end units are 36' and up. Any suggestions? Weight and height are not an issue. We want something that is well made.
Thanks.
Dean and Tracy Bachellier
2017 Montana High Country 293RK
HiJacker 16K double pivot slider
2011 RAM 3500 SRW Crew Cab 4X4 CTD
"It's five o'clock somewhere...."
28 REPLIES 28

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
We recently traded our older Cardinal for a 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE. It's overall length is about 33'4". It's not the top of the line Cedar Creek, but it has a very nice interior with lots of space. Check out the Silverbacks below.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/product-details.aspx?LineID=207&Image=5033
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

Heap64
Explorer
Explorer
Outdoors RV has some nice looking 5th wheels that are a little smaller than some. They are a sister or cousin to the Northwoods line and have frames made in the same shop. The smaller ones start at about 30'.
James & Kim from Central Illinois
2012 Ford F250 XLT CC SB 4x4 6.7, ARE Topper and Decked Draw System
2013 Arctic Fox 25Y (1250lb tongue weight with mods)
Blue Ox Sway Pro 1500 w/Reese Titan Weight Dist Shank

milo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ours is a shorter luxury 5er.
Janet & Milo ...47 fantastic yrs 2gether :B
Mona Yorkie & Buddy our beloved Beagle (both in spirit)
2013 F-150 Kodiak Brown XLT 4X4 HD Ecoboost
2014 Cougar 26sab

Living under the best Government money can buy ... Bob Brinker ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hedgehog
Explorer
Explorer
We just ordered a 2016 Montana 3160RL with the Legacy Package. We love the floor plan and I wanted to stay under 36'.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
ljr wrote:
avvidclif1 wrote:
ljr wrote:
MNRon wrote:
Our NuWa 31.5LKTG DA is 33'11"

New HitchHiker's aren't available, but you can find nice used ones at kansasrvcenter.com

Good luck

X2 on Kansas RV Center. My NuWa DIscover America 300FK is 30'.

I think they now have some kind of deal with Excel to manufacture a limited number of Hitchhikers. They also carry several other higher end brands.

Their Service Department is first rate too. I stop there once a year for routine maintenance and the occasional upgrade.

Excell is out of business.

Ok, then I don't know where they get them but they have a few and the NuWa factory is closed.
Excel built them for NuWa before they closed.

mike24
Explorer
Explorer
Just ordered the new model Luxury lifestyle 32RL 33' 11" just the size I was looking for. takes 12 weeks to make be here last week of July

mike24
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered the Luxury Lifestyle new model 32RL which is 33' 11" just the size I was looking for. 12 weeks to make be here last week of July.

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
avvidclif1 wrote:
ljr wrote:
MNRon wrote:

New HitchHiker's aren't available, but you can find nice used ones at kansasrvcenter.com

Good luck

I think they now have some kind of deal with Excel to manufacture a limited number of Hitchhikers. They also carry several other higher end brands.

Their Service Department is first rate too. I stop there once a year for routine maintenance and the occasional upgrade.

Ok, then I don't know where they get them but they have a few and the NuWa factory is closed.
Larry

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
ljr wrote:
MNRon wrote:

Good luck

Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I think you need to be more specific as to luxury and price range, but I am very happy with my now 13 year old Gulf Stream. Well built, well appointed, and competitively priced when I bought it new.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

GASMAN6674
Explorer
Explorer
Might want to check out Gulf stream. I have a Ridgeline that is very well appointed for the money.
Jim & Debbie England
Do you have Gas? Propane Exceptional Energy
2015 F350 CCLB 6.2L/4:30 Vermilion Red
2020 Cougar 364BHLGone but not forgotten 2012 Ridgeline 34RLT fifth wheel/2012 V27FK V-Cross TT

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
MNRon wrote:

Good luck

Larry

greende
Explorer
Explorer
Heartland Landmark will soon make the "Syracuse" which will be about 35 feet long. On edit: 35' 6".
2011 Chevy 3500 HD LTZ Duramax/Allison Crew Cab Long Box DRW
B&W Turnover Ball with Companion

2012 Keystone Cougar 293 SAB 5er

USAF 1968 - 1972 Viet Nam '71 - '72

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Old Duck wrote:
Spent last weekend looking over a Fox Mountain, made by Artic Fox. What caught our eyes were the shorter length. We didn't get really close but it looked like a rear lounge

As a 2013 Fox Mountain owner I can vouch that it ain't no luxury 5th wheel. Built like a brick house but we've replaced both the rear pull out sofa and the booth dinette. Both were extremely uncomfortable. Knew that going in, so for us it was not a big deal. R-values are JUST okay. Last year we were in Redding CA and it was 102*. It was 98* in the 5th. The 13,500BTU AC couldn't do the job. I do agree that the size is great.

Old Duck, if you're looking at a 2015 model then pass and go to the 2016 model with the new light colored front cap. The 2015 and earlier models with the dark brown cap are fading badly.