cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significant impact on RVing!!

Likes_to_tow
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is this the beginning of a significant impact on our lifestyle?? Now there will be limited access to a growing list of National Parks. Watch this new video on the latest restrictions!!!! Yet another freedom gone perhaps. Right now there is no talk of limiting the pass except the actual number of passes available to give out. Later we could see more restrictions on those who would qualify for a pass.

Anyone interested in buying my 5th wheel??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-ZxXpHEN6A
37 REPLIES 37

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Time for this thread to die.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Monaramblee
Explorer
Explorer
Im starting to think some people dont understand what "A" symptomatic means. It means you can get covid and have no symptoms.
2008 Holiday rambler Vacationer XL
340 HP Cummins

Reader1
Explorer
Explorer
Overcrowding has been a problem for years during peak times, but Covid drove people towards State and National Parks, purchasing tents and RV's. We hoped that those people will miss the "beach" and this will end, and used RV's will show up in droves. This is not political, it is not about our "freedoms" it is about managing crowds.
Before Covid we always went to the huge RV shows and talked LOUDLY about the cost of RV's, how they don't save money, and all the problems that can happen on the road hoping to discourage new people. Joking of course...but we actually did it.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Monaramblee wrote:
With the fact that many get covid and never show symptoms ( a symptomatic) one cannot claim with certainty that they never had covid.

Well you can be pretty sure. Especially if I never got sick, and no one around me ever got sick. Pretty sure I didn't have it.. Closest I got was after the second shot. I ran a fever for several hours.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Monaramblee
Explorer
Explorer
With the fact that many get covid and never show symptoms ( a symptomatic) one cannot claim with certainty that they never had covid.
340 HP Cummins

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Monaramblee wrote:
Never did never will. Im glad you understand my point.

I've never infected anybody with anything. I couldn't even give Mono away. And I've never had covid to infect any one with.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:

Just be assured, people will figure out how to work the system to their advantage, and in a few years we will have new forum threads with people complaining about the latest "new" system to prevent people from working the system.

Very early in this thread I called it a game only to be corrected by those that know more than me. I have seen the results of the keyboard jockeys working the system for many years to push ahead of others.

About the crowding; the parks were mostly set up years ago when the population was much smaller but little has been done to increase access.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
People have been talking about overcrowding at state and national parks seemingly forever.

Now they are trying to do something about it. Actually, there have been a variety of solutions tried over the years, this is just the latest.

I've got no problem with reservations... as long as they are available for everyone.

At some of my local Connecticut state parks, people "work" the system all the time to essentially have campsites virtually all summer in prime spots. Every few years the state parks try to tweak the system to prevent that, but it is almost impossible to get a prime spot if you don't know how to "beat" the people who are working around the system designed to, well, prevent that.

Heck, there are regularly threads in this forum about "working the system" to get better spots at prime times.

If a new reservation system helps to insure more people get a better experience, AND help reduce damage to natural areas, then it will be good.

Just be assured, people will figure out how to work the system to their advantage, and in a few years we will have new forum threads with people complaining about the latest "new" system to prevent people from working the system.

Monaramblee
Explorer
Explorer
Never did never will. Im glad you understand my point.
340 HP Cummins

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Monaramblee wrote:
I've lost my freedom to infect others with a deadly virus and im ok with it. Life will return to normal one day and all the rv parks will be wide open.

When did you ever have the freedom to infect anyone? Cause I never had that.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Monaramblee
Explorer
Explorer
I've lost my freedom to infect others with a deadly virus and im ok with it. Life will return to normal one day and all the rv parks will be wide open.
340 HP Cummins

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Agree with 2112, the GOV owes me my SS, I pay into medicare, so I feel they owe me something for that. Getting this discount, or any discount for that matter, is not a right, and Im not owed it. At best it's a privilege and a gift, that can easily erode or disappear.

I served 22 years in the military, so they also owe me my military retirement. I feel they reneged on my "free" healthcare for life, but clearly I have far far cheaper insurance than the average American.

For those who say they are owed because they've been paying in for a long time, that, to me, is just ridiculous.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
cummins2014 wrote:
way2roll wrote:
Not sure how this is an impact to "freedom". You are still free to go. Covid has impacted a million things, Camping being one of them. When conventional travel became difficult and more people worked from home, people bought campers. This has impacted just about every park, not just national parks. Due to the influx of people, what would you have the parks do? Too many people ruins the experience and to some extent the park itself, not to mention there just aren't enough sites. If you plan on going, make reservations. Not much different than any place else you might go. If and when things return to normal, lots of folks will sell their campers and things won't be so crowded. Until then, it is what it is. But the sky isn't falling and your freedom isn't being threatened. This isn't personal.

Totally agree .

+1
I went to Glacier National in 2017 and it was an absolute mess and I'm sure it worse now with all the new RVer's. I don't need that aggravation so a limit might help.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
naturist wrote:
Got my lifetime senior pass a couple days after my 62nd birthday at Death Valley. $10 pass paid for itself immediately as the (now free) entrance fee was $15. Major deal, you bet!

Last trip to Death Valley was for the super bloom, the year before the pass went up to $80. Somehow dummy here forgot his pass, and had to spring for another. Dear wife also bought one right after becoming eligible, so we have three between us. Still major bargains.

We have used one or another of them a couple times a year. We’ve saved a few hundred bucks in total. A major bargain for us, but not a big contribution to the national debt.

I wasn't trying to suggest it was a major debt. Just pointing out that getting the discount is a great deal but not something that we are owed. If it gets limited or eliminated before I am eligible, I will be very disappointed but I won't throw a fit about my freedoms being taken away.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)