Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide-out Maintenance

ttharrisons
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I'm looking for recommendations for a lubricant for the slide-out gear on my 5th wheel. The main (and only) slide-out has 2 or 3 bars or posts mechanisms underneath that I'd like to service. There may be additional areas that I didn't see, but I would like to start there.

Any input is appreciated.

tks,
Derrick/Brenda/2 kids & Sissy (our Yellow Lab)
'01 Ford F250 SuperDuty Crew Cab
Triton V10 / 3.73 / Prodigy Brake Controller
'03 Jayco Eagle 305 BHS-5er
4 REPLIES 4

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
Do not use any lube that remains wet or damp or will hold dirt and grit. Sand and grit will wear the steel or cast gears out quickly.
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
My old Komfort specifically said to NOT lube the electric slide gears and racks. Had I wanted to, I'd've used a "dry" lube, like graphite. Now, my slide mechanism was not covered by the belly, so it would have been an easy job. My experience...

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

ttharrisons
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, that does help.

Thank!
Derrick/Brenda/2 kids & Sissy (our Yellow Lab)
'01 Ford F250 SuperDuty Crew Cab
Triton V10 / 3.73 / Prodigy Brake Controller
'03 Jayco Eagle 305 BHS-5er

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I had a terrible squeal on my first travel trailer slide-out and on my 5th Wheel slide-outs when I first purchased it. All the usual things were attempted. Spraying the bars and any moving parts under the slide-outs themselves with slide out lube etc. It wasn't until the coroplast under the trailer was opened up so those areas near the motors could be spray lubed did it quiet down. I didn't like cutting open the coroplast but it had to be done. I re-sealed it with some special tape the RV dealers use on the coroplast. I hope this helps.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.