Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide out wiper seal advice needed

pattirv
Explorer
Explorer
Hello

My name is Patti and I am new to the forums.

I have a 2012 Keystone Fuzion toyhauler. As I took a walk around the unit yesterday I noticed that the side seal on the bedroom slide was ripped and has exposed the internal part of the slide. I have temporarily secured the rubber seal until I can get this repaired.

My question to you is how do I fix this? Can anyone suggest where to get the parts and some good information on replacing the seal?

Thank you for your help!

Patti
6 REPLIES 6

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure WD-40 would be the best thing to use on rubber. Silicone would of been better and wouldn't hasten deterioration of the new seal.

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry it didn't pull out of a groove it pressed onto a male trim. It had a spring loaded V that pushed on the male trim piece. If you go to pellandent.com and look at the trim pieces Model 19-G8120 and model 19-G8138A they are similar to the wiper I replaced. They press on to the male trim firmly by hand. This is where I purchased what I needed.

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I replaced the top wiper on a 2004 Keystone Outback 5th we had. It was a very simple job, it pulled out of the groove it fit in and the new went right back in. I lubed the groove and wiper with WD 40 to ease the installation. I made a sketch by tracing the end of the old one on a sheet of paper, took measurements and got on the internet and bought a stock length then cut it to the needed length +1". The side wiper was the same as the roof (top) wiper. I'll do some looking and see if I can find the internet address of where I purchased it.

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
steelerubber.com
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
My seal on my previous Travel trailer did the same thing. It has to do with the cheap rubber used and the Florida sun. It did this even though I religiously lubricated it with slide out seal lubricant. I was doing just that when it tore apart wiping it down previous to application right before selling it. I called a mobile RV guy who ordered the part and installed it. Found the guy on Craigslist.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your local rv store should have a replacement, just remove the old one and take it to the store.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper