cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slideout Damage

Picinisco
Explorer
Explorer
While opening the slideout, I did not notice the armchair in the way and it caught the slideout facing pulling it out. How is this assembled so that I can get it back in place.
2007 Jayco Jayflight 28.5 RLS 5th Wheel
2005 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually
8 REPLIES 8

navybanker
Explorer
Explorer
The first camper we owned and we did something similar. This was on a long trip so used screws to reattach the trim. Back home and the dealer said bad idea as the trim gave way without damaging the slide! Just be careful!
2017 Montana 3611 RL
2012 Chevy 2500HD Duramax

Picinisco
Explorer
Explorer
Problem it seems that not only is that fascia pulled out but whatever the fascia is attached to behind the white rubber seal.

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Previous camper, the living room hit a cabinet door that popped open and it pull the header board off the slide out. Yea, we had the camper only 1 week. I used Liquid Nails and my air gun with fine finishing size nails (long, 2 inches) and nailed it back up. The Liquid Nails glued it permanent, and the air gun nails held it in place until the Liquid Nails dried. It never came off in 8 years of some pretty hard travel.

Current camper? Brought it home from the dealer. Unhitched. Open the bedroom slide (buttons are in the front of the camper, and see what's happening in the back). Seemed to open ok, but didn't sound quite right. After everthing was setup, went to the bed room and found a cabinet door had popped open and jammed into the slide out trim again. This time, it bent the door and did not hurt the slide out trim. I ended up have to get new door hinges for the cabinet doors, they were so bent up, they were beyond using. Since then, I put child proof catches on those cabinet doors so it will never happen again.

yep im in the club also.

previous TT cabinet door open, slide hit it,top facing pulled off. i used air gun and finishing nails but liquid nails and finishing nails would be better combo

6 months later i was not paying attention and tv tray was folded up sitting between retracted living room slide and interior wall (small space) during transit. get to the campground, i extend slide (slide hits tv tray and pull bottom side facing out. this time i used small cabinet screws to reattach

current TT has 3 slides so i have to be 3 x as cautious

Picinisco
Explorer
Explorer
Some Pics

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Delete

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is screwed on from the back.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Ours was glued and face nailed.

Chakara
Explorer
Explorer
Pictures? Might help understand the problem.

-Chak
- 2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 6spd / Pacbrake / Airbags
- 2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L 5th Wheel
- SOLD: 2007 Keystone Raptor 299MP 33' 5th Toyhauler
- SOLD: 2010 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 246RKS 28'
- SOLD: 2004 Casita Spirit Deluxe
- SOLD: 2007 Dodge Dakota fiberglass topper