cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Something I've not seen before.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
A guy was on Facebook looking for a bed to replace his damaged one. Seems his trailer came loose and crunched his bed. I was concerned because I could see the hitch was a B&W Companion.

Take a look.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"
44 REPLIES 44

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
Jackathan wrote:
The first picture clearly shows the trailer tipped over. It appears the person attempted to drive off the highway, and the trailer got over center, tipping over and tearing out the king pin.

Agree, the weld wasn't the cause but was the result of whatever he did.
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the weld breaking had caused the damage I would agree. But the result of that disconnect would be like not latching 5th wheel. Tailgate, and both sides of bed hit by bottom of trailer. But the picture where you see the broken weld clearly shows the trailer is jackknifed and on it's side. The shape of the hole shows the pin twisted out to the side, not back to front.

ventrman
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
A guy was on Facebook looking for a bed to replace his damaged one. Seems his trailer came loose and crunched his bed. I was concerned because I could see the hitch was a B&W Companion.

Take a look.

It looks like the weld failed. It was mot welded properly to begin with. If a piece of metal is properly welded, if it breaks it will break anywhere but the weld. It looks like he has a legitimate claim against Lippert.
God Bless!

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Addy15 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
FWIW, this is an excellent example why I hate Facebook. After spending some time trying to find the post about the trailer mishap, I've given up. Seems to be impossible to find a particular post, even if you posted on it. Anyone know how, I'd be grateful for a heads-up on how to go about it.

If you go into your own profile, there is a little 3-dots thing on the side. Click into that and you will find your activity log. There you should be able to see everything you have commented on, posted and/or searched. The only reason you wouldn't be able to see that you commented on that person's post would be if that post has been removed for some reason. I know I have gone back to re-read posts I have commented on in the past only to find they have been removed. But if the post is still up, you should be able to find it that way.
That's what I tried, and I figured my posts would show up, but it doesn't bring up very many. I don't know how they work their algorithms, but I don't post very much, but still only showed a couple posts from some time back. It just doesn't seem to be very easily searched.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Addy15
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
FWIW, this is an excellent example why I hate Facebook. After spending some time trying to find the post about the trailer mishap, I've given up. Seems to be impossible to find a particular post, even if you posted on it. Anyone know how, I'd be grateful for a heads-up on how to go about it.

If you go into your own profile, there is a little 3-dots thing on the side. Click into that and you will find your activity log. There you should be able to see everything you have commented on, posted and/or searched. The only reason you wouldn't be able to see that you commented on that person's post would be if that post has been removed for some reason. I know I have gone back to re-read posts I have commented on in the past only to find they have been removed. But if the post is still up, you should be able to find it that way.

bigorange
Explorer
Explorer
Try searching your own name...I know searching other people will pull up their posts and I think comments from groups, so maybe you can find your own...?
Not all those who wander are lost. - Tolkien

2018 Cherokee 235B 5W
2011 Ram 2500 CC SWB SLT 4WD 6.7 CTD 3.73
B&W Turnover Ball + Companion Slider hitch
2003 Sierra T22 TT - Sold

bigorange
Explorer
Explorer
BobsYourUncle wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:

And people want to use FB instead of a regular forum. Thanks, but no thanks.

Did you know that there is an upcoming merger of 3 of the social media platforms?

Yeah, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook are all joining to become one.

They're going to call the new company YouTwitFace!
:B:B

That happened a couple of years ago and included MySpace...itโ€™s called MyFaceYouTwit :B
Not all those who wander are lost. - Tolkien

2018 Cherokee 235B 5W
2011 Ram 2500 CC SWB SLT 4WD 6.7 CTD 3.73
B&W Turnover Ball + Companion Slider hitch
2003 Sierra T22 TT - Sold

fj12ryder wrote:

Did you know that there is an upcoming merger of 3 of the social media platforms?

Yeah, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook are all joining to become one.

They're going to call the new company YouTwitFace!
:B:B
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nothing to put in, I don't remember the guy's name, when the post was up, or even where it was supposed to have happened.

I post hardly at all, so I figured I just go back and see where I posted. Nope, no record that I can find where I can track down recent posts of mine.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
What kind of info did you put in for Facebook to find original post?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

fj12ryder wrote:

That is just 1 of the MANY reasons I deleted my account years ago....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
rhagfo wrote:
At least the driver of the TV in the picture was nice enough to provide the Popcorn for the discussion.
Yes I noticed the ACT II with butter in the first picture. ๐Ÿ˜‰

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

johntank
Explorer
Explorer
The odd thing about the king pin is that it does/did not extend up passed the plate of the pin box, should be 2/3 inches above the top of pin box plate where it should have had some type of reinforcement.