cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Springs

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 Crusader. Last night I heard a thunk and this morning I looked under the frame and found nothing.

I have an EZ Flex with wet bolts. While looking at the set up I saw the shackles on the EZ Flex arm leading to the front tires was pointing straight up. Rear tires shackles are at an angle. Not unusual depending on the trailer set up. I also noticed the end of the EZ Flex has been contacting the frame and both sides have an indentation on the frame. The springs have a locating pin that fits snugly in the top bolt plate on the axle clamp. That indicates to me that the axle has not slipped.

Looking for ideas now as I am travelling and will return home next Monday. First thought was that maybe the springs had lost arch but if so that would not explain the EZ Flex arm being so close and contacting the frame. All bolts are tight and show no evidence of looseness. My next thought is the EZ Flex has frozen up and not flexing on that axle. I will check that next Thursday when we move from this sight.

I have, in the past, weighted my rig and truck several times and under on all numbers. Front of 5er is slightly nose high, maybe 2 inches, when hooked up but

I have spotty WiFi and am not able to get on line very often so if I don't respond soon, that is the reason.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
5 REPLIES 5

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
You might have had a shackle flip while leveling.

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
No. Parked since Wednesday. Inspected for broken welds looseness, side walls, any signs of wear or contact. Nothing other than the previous contact area I spoke of.
I am anal about my camper and have been under and check before every trip.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Were you underway when you heard the thunk?
Puma 30RKSS

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Tire distance to frame is about the same as I remember. There is an angle support welded to the frame that helps support the flooring and neither it or tires show contact.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Seems to me that if the springs are flattened, that may explain why the shackles are close enough to the frame to hit it.

How's tire to frame clearance? Does it appear to be less than before?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"