cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StableLoad Suspention Stabilizer

zell66
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a 2008 F-350 crew cab 6.4l and a 2012 Forest River Sierra 365SAQ.

First off this is my first 5th wheel and diesel. I have towed for the last 20+ years, we just upgraded.
Questions:

Does anyone have a StableLoad on there truck? Pros and Cons?

torklift.com/rv/stableload#appguide

My truck has very little squat when I load 5th wheel and it is a challenge to find sweet spot to uncouple hitch. Any suggestions on how to make this process easier?
9 REPLIES 9

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
I tried both at same time, and despite cutting almost half the uppers off (perhaps bit more than), the uppers were still making contact all the time w/ upper aux spring-- thus making for a harsh ride empty. Removed them and replaced w/ stock rubber pads and just went w/ lowers only. Truck only dropped 2" w/ 3800 lb pin wt. Very happy w/ results.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

zell66
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"it is a challenge to find sweet spot to uncouple hitch"

What hitch are using? Curt?

I have a superglide 4100

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"it is a challenge to find sweet spot to uncouple hitch"

What hitch are using? Curt?
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

zell66
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you that have used this system did you use the upper or lower overload device? or used both upper and lower?

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Had them as well in our '15 F350 SRW and they worked as advertised by engaging the lower springs before the aux spring. Yes it did add some to a stiffer ride, but I think the tires being aired up to 80 psi made the ride worse. Purchased a long handled 3/8 ratchet and short extension and wore a old sweatshirt while engaging/disengaging them. Found out after 1st winter that they rusted up and had to make them a little looser so as to not have them do it again. With new coach, truck still came into contact w/ the aux springs, but truck dropped only couple of inches overall. Truck didn't come w/ camper pkg/swaybar, but the lower Stable loads took the worry out as truck had no sway w/ them engaged. Took them off in case I want to add to new truck, but don't know if I need them yet or not. IMO, well worth the money.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
I have them on our 2008 GMC 3500 DRW and really like them. Only took an hour to install, no drilling needed on my truck. Takes just a couple minutes to engage them. The truck only squats an inch with them. The two areas that I had the most improvement is over bridge abutments and it eliminate my driveline chatter at launch.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
I have the stable loads on my truck. I stopped using them because I could fill every bump on the road. They are also hard to install. I now have air bags and I like them a lot.
If you fill you need something I suggest air bags and a Hellwig big wig sway bar.
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

Wood_chip
Explorer
Explorer
zell66 wrote:
I purchased a 2008 F-350 crew cab 6.4l and a 2012 Forest River Sierra 365SAQ.

First off this is my first 5th wheel and diesel. I have towed for the last 20+ years, we just upgraded.
Questions:

Does anyone have a StableLoad on there truck? Pros and Cons?

torklift.com/rv/stableload#appguide

My truck has very little squat when I load 5th wheel and it is a challenge to find sweet spot to uncouple hitch. Any suggestions on how to make this process easier?

I had the stableloads on my Chevy 2500 and they worked very well. By capturing the overloads, there was very little squat. They were kind of a pain to swing them them out of the way while not towing
2017 Chevy HD 3500 Dually LTZ D/A combo crew cab / Bilstein 4600's / Ride Rite air bags w remote / 50 gal transfer flow Aux tank / Trailersaver BD5
2020 Arctic Fox 32-5m with most options + 17.5 wheel & tire combo

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
search 'stableload'
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman