cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SuperLite #2400

rmalik1
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking of getting the PullRite #2400 SuperLite.
Anyone have any info, thoughts on this hitch?
Kinda like a Andersen hitch but different, cause ball is on the king pin.
2012 Cedar Creek 36RE w/ Level Up
B&W Turnover w/ 18k Companion Hitch
08 Ford 350 Lariat DW PSD Crew Cab Long Bed 4:30
11 REPLIES 11

roostonu
Explorer
Explorer
TXiceman wrote:
The problem with that the Pullrite or the Andersen is when in for service, they may have trouble moving your trailer safely unless they have an adapter for that hitch.

Ken

Chances are that the dealer has any adapters needed. They do sell all types typically. A ball bolted to a forklift skid for the Anderson or a hole in the skid that slipped over the inverted ball on a Pullrite will work just fine. Chances are, your dealer is moving units with a forklift and not a truck. A forklift is infinitely adjustable for different height trailers bumper pull or fiver is more maneuverable and can accommodate most hitches without getting off the forklift.

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
The problem with that the Pullrite or the Andersen is when in for service, they may have trouble moving your trailer safely unless they have an adapter for that hitch.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Papa_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
I love my Pullrite superlite hitch. I've got the removable rails in my truck bed that mount to the frame of the truck. The bed does not support the hitch at all. The hitch is lightweight and easy to install and take out. Hooking up is a breeze.
Steve

2016 GMC 2500HD duramax 4x4
2018 Cougar 311RES

roostonu
Explorer
Explorer
FYI, a friend just installed one on his fiver while parked in the storage lot. He had a minor surprise when he could not fit the adapter over his pin, due to burrs that where rolled over by the traditional hitch. Just be prepared to file/grind any burrs to fit the adapter. He had to make a couple trips because he didn't anticipate that repair.

Big1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just pick up a PullRite 2600 for my Ram 3500 but I can't tell you noting about it because I just got it last week and I haven't been out to my fiver.

2022 Ram Laramie 3500 6.7L CTD CCLB
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Me Again wrote:
TxGearhead wrote:
If you have a Turnover ball why not get the SuperLite 2600 Single Point? It captures around the gooseneck ball and you don't need to buy an additional ball to rail adapter.
I have the 2600 and like it.
edit add...I'm a bit confused, are you using your existing truck or buying a new truck? If buying new get the factory prep package with pucks and just drop a gooseneck ball in the puck and get the Superlight 2600.
If you buy a GM truck you need the PullRite support kit. GM under bed support rails are not under the gooseneck ball and require additional support. The kit looks like an easy install.
PullRite customer service is pretty good too.

Now we have returned carrying the pin weight on the paper thin bed floor of these newer trucks vs directly to the frame with a puck mounted hitch. Back to the future!

Totally agree with Chris...the new truck beds are not designed to support, using single point attachment like the old trucks, with heavy steel beds. The best option moving forward is the puck/frame mount, and the hitches designed for direct fit (no adapter).

Jerry

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
TxGearhead wrote:
If you have a Turnover ball why not get the SuperLite 2600 Single Point? It captures around the gooseneck ball and you don't need to buy an additional ball to rail adapter.
edit add...I'm a bit confused, are you using your existing truck or buying a new truck? If buying new get the factory prep package with pucks and just drop a gooseneck ball in the puck and get the Superlight 2600.
If you buy a GM truck you need the PullRite support kit. GM under bed support rails are not under the gooseneck ball and require additional support. The kit looks like an easy install.

Now we have returned carrying the pin weight on the paper thin bed floor of these newer trucks vs directly to the frame with a puck mounted hitch. Back to the future!
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

roostonu
Explorer
Explorer
You'll need to do a search like I did. I've found conversations here and on the Forest River Forum. I'm not a fan of forum searches because they rarely turn up what you're looking for but uncover 10 page posts that mention your key word once in the 10 pages. The only negative I've heard was from an Andersen fan who said they copied Andersen. All the reviews I've seen say they love the PullRite Superlite and that the hitch has eliminated problems associated with conventional 5th wheel hitches.

rmalik1
Explorer
Explorer
Last hitch was a B&W turnover-ball hitch which was excellent, but with new a truck and trying to keep weight down this look'ed like a good option, but haven't had much luck with replies. Hopefully will get more replies.
2012 Cedar Creek 36RE w/ Level Up
B&W Turnover w/ 18k Companion Hitch
08 Ford 350 Lariat DW PSD Crew Cab Long Bed 4:30

roostonu
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking at these extensively and a friend just bought one. They are highly rated and I have not seen any complaints. The "funnel" is steel on the PullRite vs. plastic on the Anderson. I can't find any failures of the PullRite and Andersen had to beef up their aluminum tubes due to failure. PullRite has a great reputation.