cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Theater Seating

Goon_F250
Explorer
Explorer
We are considering replacing our 5th wheel "Euro recliners" with a dual recliner theater seat. To do this we would have to move the sofa to the back wall of the unit. We attended an RV show recently and the only theater seating manufacturer that we saw was made by Lane. One thing I have heard is "measure , measure, and then measure again" Point well taken! Interested in hearing from those who have tried the switch, and of course from those who have any ideas. Thanks.
2014 Ford F250 6.7 4x4 CC Platinum
2012 Crossroads 335SS Provincial
12 REPLIES 12

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
I believe Flex Steel also makes theater seating. Have seen their product exhibit at the Tampa RV show a time or two..........

stro1965
Explorer
Explorer
NC Hauler wrote:
We moved the useless, uncomfortable sofa bed from it's slide area in our 5er and replace it with a LazyBoy dual recliners....took the sleeper sofa out of the 5er and against the back wall is a full length scissor bed that accommodates two quite easily when opened as a bed and is very comfortable... Works for us.

What is a scissor bed? Like a futon?
2018 Ram DRW 3500 6.7
2019 Keystone Alpine 3021

CTD2005
Explorer
Explorer
goukcats wrote:
We wanted to replace our lazy boy recliners & checked various brands of theater seating while at the Tampa show. One brand was Ashley Furniture. We found exactly what we wanted in 72 inches on sale. It's called Durablend Cafe.

http://www.ashleyfurniturehomestore.com/catalog/product.aspx?group=LivingRoom&category=LivingRoomLoveseats&id=2220094&spi=0&ref=search-t

Did you have any trouble getting it inside the RV? I'm looking at getting this same loveseat for my Sundance.
Thanks
Nick and Suzanne
The Pugs - Tuff, Raphy
Boerne, Texas.
2009 Heartland Sundance
2005 Dodge 2500 QCSB 4X4, 5.9L CTD

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
shadows4 wrote:
NC Hauler wrote:
goukcats wrote:
We never used our rocker recliners as a rocker & it was a pain pulling them out to recline. The theater seating is a wall hugger so it only needs about 3.5 inches & never has to be moved. We were surprised to find out at least one RV company uses Ashley furniture. Some of the theater seating furniture offered at the Tamps RV show was priced very high & some didn't have as good a warranty.

Same with the Lazy Boy recliners, literally right up against the wall and still recline in them, and very high quality . We don't have to do anything with them, they set in the slide area and that's about it. Usually, furniture sold for rv's is higher priced....Lazy boy brand isn't cheap, but we got a great deal and it was still cheaper than anything offered as "rv furniture"...

As we are contemplating doing this, I have a question. Did you have any trouble getting them into the RV? Thanks, John

No issues other than needing my son to help me move the furniture in and out. the rv sofa bed comes apart...that was easy..The Lazy Boy dual recliners backs come off, that also helped with that moving job. The scissor bed was a tad awkward, we opened it up into it's bed position, took the short legs off and walked through the door way and into the living room,(of course the slides were open) .got it inside folded it back into it's couch position and put the legs back on it. I did take measurements on the door opening and measured the furniture to make sure it would go in the places I needed to put it...The wife and I really like the lazy boy recliners and the bed is far more comfortable than the sofa bed that came with the 5er..
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
NC Hauler wrote:
goukcats wrote:
We never used our rocker recliners as a rocker & it was a pain pulling them out to recline. The theater seating is a wall hugger so it only needs about 3.5 inches & never has to be moved. We were surprised to find out at least one RV company uses Ashley furniture. Some of the theater seating furniture offered at the Tamps RV show was priced very high & some didn't have as good a warranty.

Same with the Lazy Boy recliners, literally right up against the wall and still recline in them, and very high quality . We don't have to do anything with them, they set in the slide area and that's about it. Usually, furniture sold for rv's is higher priced....Lazy boy brand isn't cheap, but we got a great deal and it was still cheaper than anything offered as "rv furniture"...

As we are contemplating doing this, I have a question. Did you have any trouble getting them into the RV? Thanks, John
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
goukcats wrote:

B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

goukcats
Explorer
Explorer
Wayne & Sheryl
Plus Ollie & Sophie
(they don't know they're dogs)
2011 Ram Laramie 2500 CC 4X4 6.7 Cummins
2015 Columbus 320

"Where ever you go, there you are" Buckaroo Banzai

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
We moved the useless, uncomfortable sofa bed from it's slide area in our 5er and replace it with a LazyBoy dual recliners....took the sleeper sofa out of the 5er and against the back wall is a full length scissor bed that accommodates two quite easily when opened as a bed and is very comfortable... Works for us.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

goukcats
Explorer
Explorer
We wanted to replace our lazy boy recliners & checked various brands of theater seating while at the Tampa show. One brand was Ashley Furniture. We found exactly what we wanted in 72 inches on sale. It's called Durablend Cafe.

http://www.ashleyfurniturehomestore.com/catalog/product.aspx?group=LivingRoom&category=LivingRoomLoveseats&id=2220094&spi=0&ref=search-t
Wayne & Sheryl
Plus Ollie & Sophie
(they don't know they're dogs)
2011 Ram Laramie 2500 CC 4X4 6.7 Cummins
2015 Columbus 320

"Where ever you go, there you are" Buckaroo Banzai

wfreeth
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking of the same idea also after going to the Toronto RV show this past weekend. But one thing I noticed is that the RV theather recliners is that the release to recline them is on the inside of the arms, not the outside like home type recliners. That could become an issue if you are trying to put one between a dinette and a wall on a slideout.
2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Laramie 4X4 Hemi
2004 Four Winds Classic 28BH-M5
Pullrite Superglide 2700/Firestone Ride-Rites

Drive a Hybrid, I need your gas!

Randu
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Lambright Comfort Chairs . They have a showroom and can send more information. You pick the fabric and color and they make it for you. I thought pricing was comparable to local furniture store and quality better. Randu
2017 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
4x4,Duramax, Allison.
2017 Jayco North Point 381DLQS
Previous: 2000 Travel Supreme
2005 Newmar Kountry Star
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3

malibuguybc
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Best Furniture for their Power Reclining sofa. That's what I got and it's so comfy, but not cheap! Love mine.