cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Switching to LED lighting

Raptormom02
Explorer
Explorer
We would like to switch all the lights out on our Raptor and wondering if anyone had any suggestions as which ones to go with and how hard it is to do?
Husband and I
2 adult children 19&21
2002 Chevy 2500HD Diesel
2009 Raptor 300MP
KTM 350
Raptor 350 x2
White Lab, small terrier
36 REPLIES 36

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
rkortes wrote:
Has anyone tried these?:

Clicky

I've tried direct bulb-type replacements like that but they don't provide near the light output of the panels. They just can't duplicate the light distribution of a real bulb. The panels direct light down through the lens instead of wasting it up in the light housing.

My new panels came in today. It turns out I had more bad than I thought. I replaced 10 of the old LED panels and have a few more to go. I ordered another set of 10 for $15.49 shipped. These newer panels have smaller LEDs but appear to have pretty much the same output (maybe a little less but still much brighter than the incandescent bulbs).
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

Moose10
Explorer
Explorer
rkortes wrote:
Has anyone tried these?:

Clicky

I bought these:
12X Gold Stars

No issues with the in over a year and they produce a nice bright light, but the price of the "HOT SYSTEM" link, I'd go with those instead for $18.99 compared to $75.
2001.5 Ram 3500 4x4 QC Sport ETH/DEE
on Vision Hauler 19.5's
'06 Arctic Fox 1150
'09 Nissan Murano S
'14 Ford F-150 FX4
'03 Polaris 700RMK VE, MBRP can
'04 Polaris 600RMK VE
'04 & '05 Suzuki Eiger 400's

rkortes
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone tried these?:

Clicky
Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 SRW Duramax/Ali
Toy Hauler - 2008 Ragen FA3005
The Journey Is The Destination!

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
derwud wrote:
Check back with us in a couple of months.. Good luck...

So at this point I'd say about 1/3 of the panels have flickering or inoperative LEDs. Its like a discotech inside at nigjt. Of the 22 panels I bought initially, 7 are bad. I ordered another 10 for $15.99 shipped. We'll see how the new batch works.

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
LEDs sure do make a huge difference in battery draw. I can turn on every single LED light (18 total) in my new trailer and the voltage on a set of fully charged dual 6v only drops by 0.2-0.3 volt.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
For 9.50 each Ill use tape with my $1.50 LED.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
This style doesn't need the double sided tape to install: http://www.ledtrailerlights.com/rv-interior-led-lights-T10-15FP.htm
Bob

Raptormom02
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
Strabo wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
Strabo wrote:
My way...

Point
Push
Prime
Click
Start
Run

....Silent Power

Got a bag full of new bulbs, insert as needed.

Mix drink, sit by fire. Women Happy.

Job complete.... ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank heavens we have Jim to please all the women.

Its a Gift Dave, im Blessed.

Question:
When we are sitting around the fire at night, how many lights do you have on in the hauler?

I use one, over the kitchen sink. One light bulb, why use any more than that, were not IN the hauler.

Just the outside "porch" light so I can find my way back and see the step to climb in.

What, no kitchen/bar light Dave? I leave on the porch and the one puck light over the sink so I can see to refill my adult beverage.

Well I know some of you don't have kids in the trailer with you so you don't have to worry about battery going dead cause the light is left on. But for those of us with teenagers it is easier to switch out the lights then fight with them all the time about shutting them off. Thank you to everyone that gave good input. We ordered some and hoping to try them out next week.
Husband and I
2 adult children 19&21
2002 Chevy 2500HD Diesel
2009 Raptor 300MP
KTM 350
Raptor 350 x2
White Lab, small terrier

TnTDay
Explorer
Explorer
I have been using the eBay light boards for the last year and a half and have not had one problem with them. My main reason for getting them was because I got tired of hearing the fan on the convertor running constantly any time we had one or two of the lights on.

I really was shocked when I looked at the prices of the so-called American LED light replacements and looked for a cheaper alternative. I now make and sell work lights out of LED strips that I found during my search and have a lot of happy customers. So anyone doubting the quality of these can be assured that they will work for what you want.
2008 GMC Sierra SLT Duramax
2014 Work and Play 30WRS
2007 Harley Davidson Electra-Glide Classic

derwud
Explorer
Explorer
Check back with us in a couple of months.. Good luck...
2005 Nissan Titan CC SE 4x4, 2006 Weekend Warrior FS2300
2 Quads, 2 Motorcycle and a '06 Rhino
1 Patient Wife, 1 Crazy child, 1 sweet baby.
RIP Bubba and Toby, we love you.

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, no surprises here. I blew $35 on "American" LEDs with tried and true quality control.

I got a couple of night lights. One cost $12, the other $15.

Test results:

M4's ALPLATE-16-5050 LED Panel ($11.99) on the left versus eBay's 48 SMD panel ($1.65) on the right:

M4's COB04 Super Bright Plate ($14.99) versus the same 48 SMD panel ($1.65):

M4 products side-by-side:

eBay panel beside M4 panel:

M4's base (right side in the pic)seems a bit better. I had one of my 23 eBay 1156 bases come apart (had to solder it back together):

derwud
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
Strabo wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
Strabo wrote:
My way...

Point
Push
Prime
Click
Start
Run

....Silent Power

Job complete.... ๐Ÿ™‚

Question:
When we are sitting around the fire at night, how many lights do you have on in the hauler?

I use one, over the kitchen sink. One light bulb, why use any more than that, were not IN the hauler.

Just the outside "porch" light so I can find my way back and see the step to climb in.

What, no kitchen/bar light Dave? I leave on the porch and the one puck light over the sink so I can see to refill my adult beverage.

Like a true pro!!
2005 Nissan Titan CC SE 4x4, 2006 Weekend Warrior FS2300
2 Quads, 2 Motorcycle and a '06 Rhino
1 Patient Wife, 1 Crazy child, 1 sweet baby.
RIP Bubba and Toby, we love you.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Strabo wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
Strabo wrote:
My way...

Point
Push
Prime
Click
Start
Run

....Silent Power

Job complete.... ๐Ÿ™‚

Question:

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

norfla71
Explorer
Explorer
I'm replacing every bulb in my house with LED's; not only are they MUCH brighter at less than 1/4 the wattage (most of mine are 40w equivalent), I can actually touch them regardless of how long they've been running.

I can only imagine how much better the light in my fiver will be after retrofit; the current bulbs have always sucked for both itensity and color (dirty yellow through the covers).
2008 Ram 3500 SRW
2006 Salem 32SRV

***looking for a better truck this fall***