cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thinking about a 5'er

Big1
Explorer II
Explorer II
The wife and I was looking at the 2017 Heartland RV ElkRidge 30RLT do anybody have any info on the Heartland, good or bad? Thank you for your comments.
2022 Ram Laramie 3500 6.7L CTD CCLB
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS
13 REPLIES 13

justafordguy
Explorer
Explorer
WE love our 15 Heartland Gateway and had a 13 Heartland Pioneer before this and never had any major issues. We had A/C problems with the Gateway but the A/C manufacturer swapped the unit out several times and I think we finally got a good one. I would not hesitate buying another Heartland product one day.
2015 Heartland Gateway 3650BH
2017 F350 CCLB KR FX4
2005 F250 CC FX4
77 Bronco, 302,C4,PS,PB,A/C,33" KM2s,D44/Lock-Right,9"/Grizzly locker

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Big1 wrote:
I'm suppose to find out this week, whether or not I can do it, since we only had ours TT about three months but we bought it to the same place, and if not we have a good TT that we like.

Trading after only three months is going to hurt your wallet. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Big1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm suppose to find out this week, whether or not I can do it, since we only had ours TT about three months but we bought it to the same place, and if not we have a good TT that we like.
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS

Big1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you ReneeG, I will check the link out.
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Heartland has an owner's forum where you can check on issues reported and there is even a factory section up there too. Really check on newer models as the RV industry is taking a hit on quality.

Here's the link to the owner's forum: https://heartlandowners.org/forum.php
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Big1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah, I put up the Cedar Creek 5'er and love the look of that one, to find one up here which I should be able to find one, I have to go and look at one.
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just traded off a 2011 Heartland Big Country. It was okay but only about average as far as reliability. I had a long list of repairs and upgrades I had done before I got out of it. Heartland dealers are getting harder to find in my neck of the woods. Seems like they have moved on to other brands. Their factory support and customer service was very good. After a bunch of looking and research we switched to a Cedar Creek. More standard features for less money. Same good factory support as Heartland. Better construction methods. More name brand parts, appliances and furnishings. Better load carrying capacity for similar sized trailers. Air conditioning is almost silent and cools very well. Just looked like a much better value to me. So far we are thrilled with it..JMHO.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Big1
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is great ReneeG, I'm beginning to feel a little better on getting it. Thank you for your comment.
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a new Heartland Bighorn in 2010. Love it. Excellent quality. So much so that this will be our last RV.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Big1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Okay, thank you guys, they suppose to be working up some numbers and we will see the wife really like it so you know how that is.
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Heartland- Bought a new 34' Heartland a would not hesitate to by a new Heartland. I would suggest:
1. "G" rated Good Year G614 tires before you drive it off the lot, your dealer can swap the original tires for the G614's at the factory.
2. 2 canister water filter system
3. If the new Heartland has those little circle shaped white frosted lights all over the ceilings, find some cheap replacement bulbs and always carry extras. Call Heartland tech support and have them explain how to replace them. Until you figure out how to do it they can be difficult. Pull the whole light unit down about 2" and try not to pull the light completely out, then grab the metal case
in one hand and then the glass cover and turn until the glass comes off.
4. change the fifth wheel hitch to one that has air shocks that can be adjusted with an air hose.
5. Measure and find the center of your back window. Now take a bright colored thin strip of tape and attach it to the inside of your rear window. When backing up to hook up your 5th wheel just line up your tape with the center of the hitch. makes the job easier.
6 Not a big fan of "Extended Warranties" costly and frequently to many fine print "exceptions".
7. replace the original water pump with the newer type pumps(Shure) that have variable speed as they are %80 quieter and and provide instant even water pressure.
8. Hook that new rig up and enjoy your RVing:)

Curly2001
Explorer
Explorer
Have a Sundance 265RK Heartland and really like it.
Curly
2019 Chev. Double cab 2500HD, 6.0, 4:10 diffs, six speed auto
2013 Heartland Sundance XLT 265RK

dmck413
Explorer
Explorer
We bought an Oakmont in 2015 and love it.