Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
ford truck guy wrote:
Lyle,

It WAS my neighbors tree.... We spoke to the Insurance company last night... They said that it is considered an act of god and Our Insurance will cover it.. The only things the neighbors insurance would be involved in is if there was any property damage to the surrounding area...

We will loose 3- 4 arborvitae trees when it's all said and done that they will pay for.

our Insurance ( Progressive ) have already told us exactly what to expect since we paid for Full Replacement coverage when we got this RV.. Basically they said that they would give us a check for the sale price and tax paid once it is determined totaled or not..

I really would have no idea how this wouldn't be totaled... There are 1/2 of the roof trusses broke, the entire roof and structure needs replacing... The entire curb side needs replacing.. The floor is gone for about the first 8" along the curb side.. the street side slide is racked.. the interior roof is buckled from the rear window to the front bedroom..

ford truck guy wrote:
Here is the roof with the trees cleared from it..

Well hope the Insurance guy come out soon, because the race will be on to make your Memorial Day trip.
I can't see how that unit isn't totaled, I don't think the factory could fix it for less than it's value. That is a lot of damage.

Wish you well on making that trip!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

TxGearhead wrote:
Yeah I confused myself. I was looking at Landmarks and then got sidetracked on Redwoods.
Did y'all have the slide in a slide bedroom? Any issues?

Had it... loved it.. No issues... will miss it if we cant get another... It was huge
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah I confused myself. I was looking at Landmarks and then got sidetracked on Redwoods.
Did y'all have the slide in a slide bedroom? Any issues?
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

TxGearhead wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
TxGearhead wrote:
Based on my experience, if she wants new, you'd better get new! LOL
Keep us updated on your progress.
edit add...wasn't there some discussion about how thick the roof decking is on Redwoods? If you can do it safely, this would be a good time check.

Ok Brent,

Looks like its either 3/8" or 1/2".. with foil paper.. then 6" or so of insulation...

That sounds pretty good to me. It has to be thin enough to bend for the arch, but not too thick that it will pull staples or screws. Either one should be strong enough to walk on.
If you were to go back with a Redwood which would you get? I'm kinda liking the Oshkosh, or maybe Rainier.

Those are both Landmarks.... We are torn between the redwood 3991RD... and the 2020 Landmark Phoenix..

The Oshkosh is identical to what I just had totaled...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

happycamper1942
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, sorry to hear that, glad no one was hurt. Hope you get it all sorted out OK.
2008 Ford F350 crew cab short box PSD, 2021 TravelAir 90W camper

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
TxGearhead wrote:
edit add...wasn't there some discussion about how thick the roof decking is on Redwoods? If you can do it safely, this would be a good time check.

Ok Brent,

Looks like its either 3/8" or 1/2".. with foil paper.. then 6" or so of insulation...

That sounds pretty good to me. It has to be thin enough to bend for the arch, but not too thick that it will pull staples or screws. Either one should be strong enough to walk on.
If you were to go back with a Redwood which would you get? I'm kinda liking the Oshkosh, or maybe Rainier.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, I agree with you in that I can't see how it isn't totaled. Good call on getting replacement insurance! 🙂
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Here is the roof with the trees cleared from it..

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Wanderer26 wrote:
Would really be great if the rest of us could see the pics.
We can all see the pics.

Do you get an error message saying something like pics aren't shown due to user setting? 20 years ago when dial-up was used this board decided to disallow pictures unless you said so. It hasn't changed.

Go to My forums, my preferences to change this: Show images that are part of posts ( not recommended for dial-up users)
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Wanderer26
Explorer
Explorer
Would really be great if the rest of us could see the pics. From your post i can’t figure out what happened to your ri except you had a storm

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
2oldman wrote:
I'd consider it an act of wind.

Nope...God created/owns the wind, it is on him! :W

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I'd consider it an act of wind.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

TxGearhead wrote:

Ok Brent,

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Njmurvin
Explorer
Explorer
HAHA, Jerry. You beat me to it .... and posted while I was typing.

Not sure what it is in Pennsylvania, but here in CA a fallen tree is usually considered an act of God where the neighbor, in this case, would not be liable for the damage to the trailer - only for the removal of the tree. I have a friend that just went through this (i.e. his tree fell on a neighbor's storage shed). There are exceptions if the neighbor had previously been formally notified/warned that the tree was a threat due to lack of maintenance, disease, etc. Thus, OP's own insurance will likely cover the damage.
2020 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax 4x4 Crew Cab Standard box

2011 Arctic Fox 27.5L